One bowl and 7 ingredients is all you’re going to need to mix up batch after batch of these insanely-soft cheddar beer muffins.—They’re SO good next to a bowl of chili!
And I do really mean batch after batch after freaking BATCH…
Seriously. If you have no interest in filling up every spare inch of your counter space with cheddar beer muffins, you’d better back away now reaaaaaaal slowly.
The alternative choice is obviously just letting every corner of your life be taken over by cheddar beer muffins. Nooooot a bad thing, tbh.
So these muffins are basically like some form of magic, guys. That’s all I can figure. There’s NO butter, oil, or eggs in the batter and yet they are so unbelievably moist and soft inside. They’re magic muffins. That’s all.
Here’s how it goes down. >>> one bowl. Flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, agave, and shredded cheese.
A whole 12 oz bottle of light beer gets dumped on top. Mix ‘er all up, scoop it in your muffin tin, then turn the whole deal over to the oven.
Helpful hint #1: always always consume these piping hot from the oven while the cheese is still melty.
Helpful requirement #2: always have a bowl of chili nearby for potential dipping. << GAH.
Honestly, these cheddar beer muffins shouldn’t be possible, but you should be very glad that they are. ♥
One-Bowl Cheddar Beer Muffins
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 12 oz light beer
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 375F. Lightly grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Slowly whisk in agave and beer until batter is smooth and just combined. Fold in cheese.
- Fill muffin tin cups 3/4 full of batter. Bake muffins at 375F 14-15 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick. Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes then remove and serve warm. Enjoy!
More savory muffins right this way. —> These cornbread bacon ones are killer.