Spaghetti night gets kicked up a notch! This easy creamy chicken tomato basil spaghetti skillet will only take 30 minutes of your busy weeknight and even the pickiest eaters will love it!
I’m obviously a huuuuuge fan lately of my skillet completely taking over the dinner game. Sooooo a spaghetti skillet is kinda par the course for me.
Also, I swear there’s actual noodles hiding somewhere underneath that layer of Parmesan cheese…
When-in-doubt-Parmesan-cheese-it is obviously kinda my thing. For the most legit of reasons.
So today’s dinner plans might seem a lil bit like everybody’s cliche spaghetti dinner night, but bear with me. We’re doing cool-ish/non-cliche things to shake up the spaghetti skillet tonight.
For starters…no beef and no meatballs! I’m kind of a hater when it comes to actual beef in my spaghetti (I knooooow, it’s so wrong) and while I love a good meatball…they take forever to make and I don’t wanna go to the trouble of heating up the oven and dirtying more dishes.
Chicken accepts the job! And does his protein duty rather awesomely in this spaghetti skillet.
Also. A little spaghetti trick of the trade if you want your sauce to be a little less harsh and acidic, add a little half-and-half cream. It tames the flavors of the sauces and makes it suuuuuuper creamy.
Fresh basil also just seals the whoooole deal flavorwise. I always, always throw a handful of fresh minced basil into my spaghetti. It brightens up all the flavors of basically anything.
I’m hoping the aforementioned layer of Parmesan cheese on top is just a given for you at this point, guys.
And just an FYI: there won’t be a single picky eater at your dinner table tonight. Your skillet gonna be scraped CLEAN.
Creamy Chicken Tomato Basil Spaghetti Skillet
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 24 oz jars pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 lb cooked whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and add wine to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir half-and-half into sauce and gently toss in spaghetti until coated. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve spaghetti with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!