Fluffy double chocolate pancakes with a LIGHTER twist to keep the calories down so you can fill your plate! Drizzle these chocolate-lover’s pancakes with tons of espresso glaze!
So this just seems like a cliche Friday way to do things.
Either cliche or just the way things should be. And quite honestly, things should DEF be looking like 3-ft tower of double chocolate pancakes smothered in espresso-spiked glaze. ♥
Maybe on ALL the days other than Friday? Well yeah, you wouldn’t have to ask me twice.
You WOULD however have to put in a direct request for me to share. Because otherwise…not interested in being generous with my double chocolate pancakes.
I think maybe I should stop embarrassing myself with my lack of control around things like this and talk about the process to actually EATING obscene amounts of these pancakes.
Like roughly 98% of all my pancake recipes around here, we’re gonna use my standard batter base…only things get a little different because a) greek yogurt and b) melted chocolate PLUS chocolate chips. Yaaaaaas.
Look at how fluffy. LOOK!! I kinda want to live in all that insane double chocolate pancake fluffiness.
And I obviously need espresso glaze filling every single little crevice. Well yeah, it’s required!!
So many good things about to come your way this weekend for real, guys. Don’t worry, I won’t tell if you won’t that at one point these pancakes actually…well, existed.
They be long gone now, obviously. ♥
Lighter Double Chocolate Pancakes with Espresso Glaze
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and 1/2 cup chocolate chips until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, eggs, agave, milk, and melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls on a greased skillet over medium-high heat 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Keep pancakes warm.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk sugar, espresso, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over individual servings of pancakes. Enjoy!