This super-moist loaded banana bread tastes like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and banana bread all rolled into one! Watch the entire loaf disappear before your very eyes.
Guys, it’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Hanging out in my banana bread. Pretty sure we’re attending the best wedding ever right now.
Pretty sure I’ll be eating this banana bread every day til my very last day.
No shame at all if you were to, uh…follow my lead. It just looks better for all of us if there’s multiple people stuffing their faces with banana bread day after day.
Completely unrelated, but aren’t the pieces smack dab in the middle of banana bread just the absolute BOMB? They’re usually the moistest/jam-packed with goodies slices which obviously compels me to claim dibs on the middle pieces first.
Hey, first dibs are first dibs and you can’t argue with that.
And you certainly can’t argue the fact that this banana bread is DEFINITELY something you’re gonna wanna be calling first dibs on.
So basically, we’re gonna be following my standard banana bread base recipe. Why mess with something that works SO amazingly every single time? New and improved updates today include rolled oats, a hefty amount of chocolate chips, a big bump upwards of vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon.
Many, many slices later…we determined that oatmeal chocolate chip cookies + banana bread = a very good idea.
Buuuuuuut…just to make absolutely sure? More slices.
Seriously once you start…best of luck to you as far as stopping goes.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Banana Bread
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Make the bread: Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 11" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas, sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until batter is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake banana bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, remove from pan.