Baked in flavorful espresso and drizzled with a sweet mocha glaze, these easy baked french toast sticks are a coffee-lover’s dream breakfast!
I am now officially french toast sticks biggest.fan.ever. Leave it to the coffee to get that ball rolling.
Literally though, like coffee in every single corner of these french toast sticks. I’m not mad about it.
I’ll gladly take a little french toast with my coffee.
But hey, I definitely wouldn’t complain about copious amounts of both. Send it all over here.
So guys, we have a LOT of french toast ground to cover today. We need to talk about the fact that this is obviously a good Monday since I’m on spring break and if I literally wanted to, I could just sit in bed and eat these french toast sticks all day.
I might do it.
Here’s how it’s done. >>> Bread strips get dunked in a standard french toast egg mixture that I kick up with tons of espresso. Everything gets cozy on one pan and it’s into the oven with all of it.
Meanwhile over here in sauce land…the more coffee the merrier right? So mocha sauce it is.
And like lots of it too? Yes please and with powdered sugar crowning the whole glorious french toast sticks wonder.
Spring break breakfast of the chaaaaaamps? Yes.
Espresso Baked French Toast Sticks with Mocha Sauce
French Toast Sticks:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices day-old sandwich bread cut into 2-in wide strips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar and fresh berries for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the french toast sticks: In a medium bowl, whisk milk, cream, espresso, agave, beaten eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Dip bread strips into egg mixture and coat on both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake french toast sticks at 350F 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate with coffee and milk, stirring occasionally until sauce is completely smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve french toast sticks warm with mocha sauce drizzled on top and powdered sugar/berries if desired. Enjoy!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
Adding coffee to french toast is the most fab idea ever! french toast sticks take me back to my childhood with those frozen ones my mom used to get. Oh how I miss them dearly!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Coffee WITH french toast sticks?! SOLD! These look amazing, Sarah! Now I want these all for breakfast. What a fun way to start Monday off!
Ashley - The Recipe Rebel says
SO I have yet to jump on the French toast sticks train. They always seemed so labor-intensive but the idea of baking them on a single sheet pan?!?!? This is brilliant Sarah! So perfect for Easter brunch!
Tina Williams says
can you use just brewed coffee in this recipe?
That would work fine, Tina!
Agness of Run Agness Run says
I love espresso and I have a sweet tooth, so this makes this recipe so great!