The BEST mixed berry cobbler you’ll ever have! Fluffy oat biscuits paired with a double-whammy of juicy berries make for one killer cobbler.—Eat it warm with lots of whipped cream!
I’m totally aware that I’m jumping the gun a little bit on berry season, guys.
Not sorry about that executive decision though. Not even a little bit. ♥
Also, breakfast is kinda coming to mind when I’m thinking about this cobbler to be honest. Fruit + oats so it makes sense right??
Please don’t tell me otherwise because um….it’s probably too late anyway.
In fact, your goals for this weekend should probably include mixed berry cobbler for breakfast. Easy goal you can easily accomplish and you’ll actually WANT to too.
Trust me, you want to.
Alright, y’all so things really aren’t gonna get much easier than this mixed berry cobbler as far as cobblers go. The mixed berry filling gets made right on the stove and all this is half blueberries, half raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
While that cooks on the stove, it’ll only take a second to throw together your oatmeal biscuit topping. Just standard as far as biscuits go and then you can scoop it right on top of your berry filling in a 9×13 pan. (psssst…kiddos love to help with this part and it doesn’t need to be perfect scoops either)
Best consumed piping-hot from the oven and mounded with a mountain of whipped cream, FYI. Is there any other way?
Why, yes I’m glad you asked. Straight from the pan with a spoon. (do it)
Mixed Berry Cobbler with Oat Biscuits
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 7 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Make the filling: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring berries, sugar, and lemon juice to a low simmer. Remove 1/2 cup liquid and whisk with cornstarch until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan and stir berries occasionally until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and pour in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the biscuits: In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until crumbly. Pour milk over mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Drop dough by the spoonful over berry filling. Brush biscuits with heavy cream. Bake cobbler at 350F 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes then serve warm. Enjoy!