Juicy grilled chicken, tons of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil make this caprese orzo salad SO flavorful and the easiest summer salad ever!
Simple stuff for a simple, yet carb-filled Monday. And it’s a salad to boot, guys.
With no shortage of cheese. And chicken. And the aforespoken carbs.
^^ Please give me this kinda salad every dang Monday for the rest of forever?
If you’ll recall from my staggering salad archives, I kind of have a borderline-ridiculous obsession with summer salads. Please rest assure that this is only one of the many salads hitting ya in the face this summer.
And trust me, once those 90-degree 10000000% humidity days hit us, you’ll be quite happy to have a stash of salads up your sleeve.
Caprese orzo salad for breakfast, lunch, and dinner then? Sounds perfect.
Honestly guys, I keep my salads around here on the extremely simple side and today’s is no different. >>
- Grilled chicken all cut up into little strips.
- Tomatoes/basil/mozzarella cheese cause caprese.
- Orzo pasta. Carbs all the way.
- A simple olive oil/lemon vinaigrette. Done.
Pile it all in your heavy duty-est salad bowl because it IS a rather large and insanely gorgeous salad.
So I would definitely say salad for dinner all week? It’s a plan then. ✌️✌️✌️
Grilled Chicken Caprese Orzo Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 10-15 minutes, turning once until chicken registers 165F. Allow chicken to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. In a separate small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth and then pour over orzo. Stir until coated and season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
What a gorgeous salad, Sarah! You are so right…simple and carb-filled is perfect for a Monday! I love caprese anything, especially in pasta form. Love this flavorful dish and wish I was having this for lunch or dinner today!
Loaded salads are my favorite and this one is just gorgeous, Sarah! So perfect for summer and I love the orzo!