Soft goat cheese and sweet raspberries are a match made in heaven in this raspberry pecan goat cheese salad that’s tossed in tons of flavorful fresh basil vinaigrette.
This is clearly a Monday fit for the prettiest salad in the entire universe.
In my defense, we do a lot of pretty salads around here and I love them all equally buuuuuuut…this beauty today is taking the prize for the moment.
Related to the above point: Jason was browsing through my blog dinner recipes the other day when we were trying to figure out what to make for dinner and he said something along the lines of gee whiz, how much salad do you eat/is that all you eat??
I was like, well, you’re not wrong buuuuuuut…good thing right??
Okay, today’s salad goods are as follows. –> –>
- Romaine lettuce and spinach for base.
- Fresh raspberries, orange, toasted pecans, and a huge-ish pile of goat cheese for add-ins.
- Easily The Most Addicting Vinaigrette Ever aka basil vinaigrette.
Honestly, the colors alone are convincing me of this gorgeous salad. Green upon ALL the colors upon even more green = salad wins all over the place.
Also. I’m in love with that killer basil vinaigrette/ready to put it in a drinking glass.
Is the salad lust real or what today? I’m about ready for a second breakfast and it’s honestly probably going to consist of this Monday-ready salad.
Actually all day is going to consist of this salad beauty. It’s just the right thing to do.
Raspberry Pecan Goat Cheese Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 navel orange peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend all vinaigrette ingredients until smooth. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!