These crispiest-EVER baked potato wedges only need FIVE ingredients and are so easy to throw together! They’re ridiculously good dipped in a spicy poblano avocado ranch dip.
So I’m a wee bit excited over here over how utterly ridiculous these potato wedges turned out, guys. Please take a long gaze at all that oven-baked CRISPINESS!!!
Baked potato wedges are officially hired as the official all-day Monday food every Monday. Let it be known.
These fries’ sidekick known as poblano.avocado.freaking.ranch.dip is also hired. The reason as to why is probably obvious? ♥♥
Honestly. Dip, eat, repeat is what I would really prefer to do all day with these fries.
The mastery behind the baked potato wedges themselves is seriously SO unbelievably simple it’s ridiculous.
THREE steps involved in making them the best dang way you’re ever gonna eat a potato: >>>
- Soak the potatoes in water for an hour to pull out the extra starch to ensure extra crispiness.
- Toss the soaked-and-dried potatoes in cornstarch, olive oil, onion powder, salt + pepper.
- Roast them at a HIGH heat of 425F 25-30 minutes until they’re a deep golden brown and perfectly soft.
^^^ hey, perfection. ???
Even perfection can be made better and we’re doing that today by means of spicy, kickin’, and addictin’ poblano avocado ranch dip.
Aka, pretty much the only thing worthy of dipping such a ridiculously-good potato wedge in.
Again. >>> dip, eat, repeat for awhile.
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges with Poblano Avocado Ranch Dip
- 1-1/2 lbs russet potatoes quartered into wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Poblano Avocado Ranch Dip::
- 2 medium ripe avocados pitted
- 1 small poblano pepper cored and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from water and pat dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cornstarch, olive oil, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On a grease baking sheet, arrange wedges in a single layer. Roast at 425F 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender. Cool slightly.
- Make the ranch dip: Combine all dip ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve potato wedges warm with ranch dip and enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Aren’t potato wedges the best? I love making them for an appetizer or easy side dish. That poblano avocado ranch dip looks SO good! Like I just want to eat it with a spoon…sounds perfect for these wedges!
Kristine | Kristine's Kitchen says
These look amazing! I can’t believe how crispy they look, and that dip!! I can see these being a big hit with my family.
Ashley - The Recipe Rebel says
Baked potato wedges are the BEST! So, so easy and a much better alternative to fries (which I am currently addicted to — thankfully there’s no fast food nearby!). I’ll have to try these next!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Ooooh girl, these look like the CRISPIEST! I must try them. Love the cornstarch idea…I just started Whole30 today though, so I’ll need to sub with tapioca 😉 still swooning though. I want them all!
Is the ranch part of this recipe missing? Is it supposed to have ranch dip mix in it? I am anxious to make this today but I wanted to see if I was missing something. The potatoes look amazing!
Thanks in advance!
Hi Saundra! No, there is no ranch dip mix in it. It’s flavored with similar ingredients though. 🙂 If you would like more of a ranch flavor, feel free to add a packet!