This cheesy spinach bacon orzo is everyone’s favorite weeknight comfort food and nobody will ever guess it’s made in ONE pot in less than 30 minutes!
So spinach + bacon is my new favorite sneakily-winning combo, guys. ^^^ do you see why?
Here’s a pretty obvious hint: it means you’re eating that good-for-ya stuff while still getting to eat the ACTUAL honest-to-goodness good stuff.
Oh, hey. I threw some cheesy orzo pasta into the mix too since we were clearly still lacking the good stuff. ??
And let it be known that those weeknight dinners as we transition into fall have gotta consist of the warm, make-ya-want-more comfort food.
This skillet dinner is your weeknight SAVIOR for this week, y’all. Minimal + basic ingredients and obviously that whole one-pot thing we’ve got going on are all checking the winning-est boxes in my mind.
Also, ugh. I could eat this cheesy spinach bacon orzo for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and ALL the snacks in between and probably still want more.
Consider yourself unlucky if you’re stuck having to share this dinner beauty. My thoughts when it comes to stuff like this is as follows: what happened in the kitchen stayed in the kitchen and with the person who made it.
^^^ Probably the most ineffective way to make friends, but okay. ??
One-Pot Cheesy Spinach Bacon Orzo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 strips bacon diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 oz dry orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute garlic, bacon, and onion in butter until browned. Add chicken broth, milk, half-and-half, and dry pasta into skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet.
- Bring pasta to a boil, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is evaporated and pasta is cooked, about 10-15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk flour and water until smooth and add to skillet. Stir cheese, spinach, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste into pasta and gently stir until combined. Serve orzo hot and enjoy!