The SOFTEST and chewiest molasses cookies you’ll ever have in your life! Coconut oil is the secret ingredient in these addicting white chocolate molasses cookies.
Is there honestly a cookie in the entire WORLD that’s better than a coconut oil cookie? My consensus is forever gonna be heck nooooooooo. Butter is great and all that but sometimes it’s just gotta take a backseat.
P.S. Jump on my coconut oil cookie bandwagon with this recipe.—it’s where the cookie magic all started.
P.P.S. My love for molasses cookies runs extremely deep, guys. Pair that with my weakness the great coconut oil cookie? I’m dead. Don’t even mention all that ridiculous white chocolate goodness. ??
Brutally honest fact: these are just those kinda cookies that don’t even make it to the cooling rack.
Alright! So following the base I use for every single one of my coconut oil cookies recipes, here’s the molasses cookies prep rundown. >>>
- Make yo dough! It’s straight-forward and so easy, you could make it in your sleep. We use REAL molasses in the dough along with tons of spices to give these cookies that unmistakable molasses cookies flavor. Also, white chocolate. (!!)
- Roll the dough and it’s chill time. I know, kinda a time-consuming bummer but it’s necessary for coconut oil cookies so they keep their thick, puffy texture and don’t spread into cookie pancakes while they bake.
- Cookie bakin’ time! Pop ’em in the oven and 10-ish minutes later…
…your cookie dreams are officially complete. PLEASE eat these bad boys warm and either thank me or hate me later.
Spoiler alert: you will be thanking me. ??
Coconut Oil White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened but not melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Place softened coconut oil and sugar in a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until evenly creamed. Mix in molasses, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, spices, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Add flour mixture to liquid, and beat on medium speed until a dough forms (dough will be very thick) Mix in white chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, smush dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 45 minutes to 1 hour or until firm. (dough may be refrigerated up to 2 days)
- Shape chilled dough into 1-in balls and place 3 in apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 9-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden. (middles will still seem very soft) Cool cookies on baking pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Eeek! Coconut oil cookies are my FAVORITE and with molasses and spices!? Yes yes please!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Such pretty cookies, Sarah! I need to use coconut oil more in cookies, and I’m loving the molasses in here. I think I would eat these ALL and not share!
Love white chocolate! These cookies look amazing! Great idea to use coconut oil! Pinning!