A flavorful Moroccan spice rub coats every inch of these juicy chicken thighs with tender roasted brussels sprouts and carrots.—the easiest and healthiest one sheet-pan dinner!
Oofta. Anyone else need a break from the staggering abundance of cookies, muffins, and generally all things that scream SWEET?
Before you answer that, please be aware that this is only a momentary lapse in the sweets fest just so we don’t die from sugar overload. We are right back to that game on Friday. ??
In the meantime though, can I give you a formal introduction to the sheet pan dinner that’s going to blow.your.mind AND get you all recharged and ready to head on back into sweets land?
It’s only the prettiest pan of moroccan chicken + roasted carrots/brussels sprouts your eyeballs ever did see. And that’s just a fact. ??
Yessss. All the easy, healthy, insanely flavor-packed, and no-dishes-needing-to-be-washed dinners please. Allow me to elaborate on how this goes down. >>>
- Grab a mess of carrots, brussels sprouts, onions, and chicken thighs and shove it all in one pan! These are pretty much the main ingredients you’ll need.
- Not counting the homemade Moroccan spice rub which is quite clearly the game changer here. I use a mixture of cumin, tumeric, ginger, paprika, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and it is DANG good.
- Drizzle your chicken + veggies with a little bit of olive oil then generously rub the spice mix all over the place. Send that gorgeous pan on a trip to the oven and dinner is DONE!
In record time with record ease and with clearly-obvious record results. ?? You’re not going to even BELIEVE how much flavor is packed into this easy-peasy roasted moroccan chicken for how little effort it took.
Brb, making this every night with a side of sugar cookies. Cause balance is our friend, guys. ??
Moroccan Chicken Thighs with Carrots + Brussels Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Chicken and Veggies:
- 1-1/2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb whole carrots peeled, trimmed and cut into 1-in thick cubes
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
In a small bowl, combine all spice rub ingredients. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange chicken, carrots, brussels sprouts, and onion wedges in a 9x13 baking pan and drizzle olive oil over top. Rub spice mixture all over both sides of chicken and veggies.
Roast chicken and veggies at 375F 35-40 minutes or until chicken registers 165F and veggies are tender. Serve warm and enjoy!