These chicken Parmesan meatballs are 10x easier than the traditional version and they’re made in mere MINUTES in the instant pot! Just add hot spaghetti and dinner is good to go.
I’m a bit more than fashionably late to the instant pot party, I’ll admit it, guys.
But HEY. I broke in my new ultimate favorite kitchen gadget with chicken Parmesan meatballs…and brought a ton here for everyone!!
I’m in a hopeless-in-love kinda fog phase with my instant pot currently tbh. Like HOW can things be so freaking simple to make in them?? WHY am I over a year late to jumping on this bandwagon??
…and lastly, is it even slightly possible for me to do ALL my cooking in this amazing thang now? ??
The ease of these chicken Parmesan meatballs have obviously blown my mind. You ready for yours?? Check it out. >>>
- Throw together your meatball “dough.” This is just ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Parm cheese, an egg, and a ton of seasonings. Easy-peasy!
- Saute the meatballs using the Saute/Brown setting on the instant pot. Done in only a few minutes!
- Dump a ton of marinara sauce on top of the meatballs, cover the whole shebang with cheese and set that instant pot for only TEN freaking minutes on high pressure.
- Once they’ve cooked 10 minutes, let the instant pot naturally release pressure for another 10 minutes. Then it’s officially meatball time, guys. ??
They cook up seriously SO incredibly moist, I was in awe. I usually throw these chicken Parmesan meatballs on top of hot spaghetti noodles but I ALSO discovered that they make a pretty freaking awesome meatball sandwich.
And obviously since this is me talking…straight outta the pot is definitely an option too, guys.
^^^ cheese stretch goals on point.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced parsley for garnishing
- Hot spaghetti noodles for serving
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and egg until evenly combined. Scoop meatball mixture into 1-in balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Using the SAUTE setting on an instant pot, heat oil until shimmery. Working in batches, brown meatballs on both sides until golden. Remove from pot. Pour marinara sauce and chicken broth into bottom of pot and then add all meatballs back to pot arranging in a single-layer circle, spooning marinara sauce over them.
- Close lid to instant pot, sealing valve and set on Manual High Pressure for 6 minutes. Once cook time is complete, let instant pot release pressure naturally for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove lid from instant pot and sprinkle meatballs with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. additional minced parsley. Cover with lid for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Serve meatballs warm with hot spaghetti noodles and enjoy!