Ultra-crispy on the outside and incredibly juicy on the inside, these oven-fried lemon Parmesan chicken tenders are so good and so easy, they’re going to instantly become a dinner staple!
Meet the oven-fried chicken tenders that have been my dinner for a solid week now, y’all. Sorry/not sorry but these are the bomb and I just don’t wanna eat anything else.
And in case you’re not convinced, let me recap: oven-freaking-fried chicken tenders. With lemon. And Parmesan. And they’re just about the crispiest dang thing ever.
Soooooo yes. These have a permanent spot on my dinner agenda. It’s just for the best.
One of my easiest life choices yet, guys. Crispiest-EVA’ oven-fried chicken tenders every dang day, please.
Okay, so I PROMISE that this is easily one of the simplest chicken dinners you’re ever gonna have up your sleeve. Basically there’s three parts: Marinade, bread, and bake.
- The marinade for this chicken is what makes it SO incredibly juicy inside. I use a combo of lemon juice/zest, milk, egg, garlic, and tons of salt and pepper. A simple 45-minute marinade is literally all it takes!
- The crispy coating on this chicken is a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs, fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. So simple but the best ever.
- Baking these babies will take 20 minutes at the most. I like to flip them halfway through baking just so both sides get ALL THE CRISP.
If you want a little more of a pronounced lemon zing, squeeze a little bit of extra lemon juice on these crispy babies moments after pulling ’em outta the oven.
Then devour. All of them while they’re hot and addicting and the best dang chicken you’ll ever put in your mouth. ???
Crispy Lemon Parmesan Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x4 in strips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley plus more for garnishing
- Additional lemon juice, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, egg, lemon juice, zest, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Place chicken strips into milk mixture and submerge fully. Allow chicken to marinate 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove chicken strips from marinade and dredge in Parmesan mixture, coating both sides.
- Place coconut oil on a large baking sheet and place in oven 3-4 minutes until melted and hot. Arrange breaded chicken tenders in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 425F 12 minutes, then flip tenders and cook on opposite side an additional 10-12 minutes until chicken registers 160F and breading is crispy and golden. Squeeze additional lemon juice on chicken if desired and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot and enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
This looks SO good, Sarah! I really need to make my own chicken tenders more often. I’m loving the lemon parmesan flavor. Sounds just delicious! And even better that my husband would go crazy for these, too!
Homemade chicken tenders are SO worth it, Gayle! You will be obsessed. 🙂
ASHLEY - THE RECIPE REBEL says
Ummmmm…. OKAY. These are happening ASAP. Love the lemon and parmesan combo!
Yes, girl!! Make it happen! 🙂
Fran @ G'day Souffle' says
Hi Sarah, this is Fran from G’day Souffle.’ I saw your recipe photo on Instagram and link to your blog. This recipe looks easy and delicious, especially when the chicken pieces are dipped in that sauce!
Thanks for stopping by, Fran! Hope you get a chance to try these!
I’m not into fried chicken at all unless it’s oven fried, so these are right up my alley! The lemon and parmesan are the perfect combination — you can’t beat these!
Yes!! Oven-fried aaaaaaaall the way. 😀
Nancy Bryant says
Lemon and parmesan are perfect combos! Looks tasty and sumptuous and I love that it’s easy to prepare. My kids would certainly love this! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sarah!
Kids go crazy for these chicken tenders, Nancy! Hope you get a chance to try them!
What type of sauce is this? Is it homemade?
It’s just a simple ranch dressing, Z! 🙂
Lyndsey R. says
These look fantastic!!
I am going to make it!! Excited!! I just want to know if when marinating the chicken does it go in the freezer or outside?
The chicken should sit in the fridge while it’s marinating. 🙂
Varun Sharma says
lovely chicken recipe.
I’ve made this atleast 6 times now and absolutely love it! I never remember the recipe so I always come back here….just wanted to share 🙂
Aww, I’m so glad to hear that, Nicole! Thanks so much for letting me know. 🙂
What dipping sauce would you recommend please?
Hi Sarah. I would recommend a honey mustard or ranch sauce for dipping. 🙂
These were great and really SO crispy and juicy. Will def make these regularly. I did have some trouble with my baking sheet warping while in the oven and the oil pooling on one side so I’d recommend using a heavier pan.
Hi Amy! I’m so happy to hear that these chicken tenders were a success! 🙂