Silky raspberry cheesecake frosting is sandwiched between brownie-like chocolate cookies and the rest is history. These chocolate sandwich cookies are incredibly easy to make and so gorgeous!
So um, we need to have a serious discussion about that pink cheesecake filling, you guys. And the fact that surrounding all sides are chocolate cookies. ???
The simple fact is that I kinda want these for breakfast today because of all those reasons. That’s justifiable right??
Yes. And I want a stack approximately that high, please and thanks. ??
It’s been formally decided that all sandwiches I consume from here on out must be chocolate sandwich cookies with the most gorgeous pink filling ever. Nbd right?
Friends, for how freaking GORGEOUS these sandwich cookies are, there’s no way you’d guess how incredibly easy they are to throw together.
- The cookies! It’s just a simple brownie-like chocolate cookie are the dough mixes up in minutes, no dough-chilling involved, and just straight into the oven and out. Easy-peasy.
- The raspberry cheesecake filling is what makes these babies, honestly. Classic cream cheese frosting gets kicked up with raspberry jam which adds a ton of fruity goodness and PINK.
Smoosh it all together between two cookies and call life very good. ??
I’d definitely say that these sandwich cookies are gift material for your sweetheart, but honestly? If you’re anything like me, you’ll be tempted to just hoard them all to yourself.
I did share these with Jason but keep in my mind that I really didn’t want to. ??
Raspberry Cheesecake Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Raspberry Cheesecake Filling
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt to mixture and beat until a dough forms.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 1-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 8-10 minutes or until flat and edges are set. Cool cookies on sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Raspberry Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese on high speed until completely creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in butter and powdered sugar and continue to beat an additional 2 minutes until frosting is thick and completely creamed. Slowly beat in raspberry jam, vanilla and cream until frosting is creamy and spreadable.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over bottoms of half of cookies. Top each with an additional cookie. Enjoy!
These look heavenly Sarah! I love sandwich cookies, especially the chocolate variety, and that frosting sounds just perfect! Who can resist those colors too?
It’s the colors that get me every time, I swear. <3 Thanks so much, girl!
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness says
Wow, these sandwich cookies are gorgeous… They sound heavenly & I definitely want to make them soon!
Thank you, Nicole! Definitely let me know if you try these! 🙂
These cookies look gorgeous Sarah! Love sandwich cookies, definitely trying the recipe soon!
Thanks so much, Mira! xoxo