Double the amount of chocolate and INCREDIBLY soft and chewy, these double chocolate oatmeal cookies are crazy addicting and everyone who tries them will beg for the recipe!
The dark and decadent version of these killer oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, guys. The chocoholic’s version, shall we say.
Or simply the it’s-been-a-freaking-long-week-and-I-just-need-something-with-all-the-chocolate-physically-possible cookie.
Let’s just all come to an agreement that Fridays were made for softest and chewiest-EVER double chocolate oatmeal cookies, guys. No holding back on all the decadence because there’s really no need.
Dibs on the most chocolate-iest cookie, guys. DIBS.
So PLEASE tell me you’ve tried the keeper original oatmeal cookie recipe? Those were the cookies that I like to say helped me snag Jason so you KNOW they kinda gotta be a big deal. Insanely soft, chewy, and honestly 1000x better than any bakery.
Today’s double chocolate oatmeal cookies are following the base of that recipe, only…well, I’m piling in ridiculous amounts of chocolate okay? I’m talking melted chocolate PLUS cocoa powder in the dough and tons of chocolate chips hanging out in every cookie morsel.
In short, these cookies ain’t for the faint chocolate hearts.
But hey, if you’re ready to climb a steep chocolate mountain with me, you know I’m completely on board. Weekend plans = solely consisting of these cookies.
Heck yes, a weekend very freaking well spent, guys.
Soft and Chewy Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, melted chocolate, and vanilla to bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa, oats, baking soda, and salt to mixer and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. (dough will be slightly sticky) Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden (cookies will appear underdone in the middle---this ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy cookies warm!