Swirled with a tangy cream cheese filling and packed with tons of lemon flavor, this beautiful lemon cream cheese swirl pound cake is perfect for spring and you’ll NEVER believe how easy it is!
The cake Friday lust is the most real thing ever today. And it’s a packed-to-capacity with SPRING cake, no less.
Hitting all our Friday goals one cake at a time, y’all. ✌✌
Honestly, I don’t even have words to describe this lemon cream cheese swirl pound cake, guys. Except it is lemon FREAKING CREAM CHEESE SWIRL pound cake. And that in itself is just ticking all the spring food boxes.
It’s such a simple cake as far as pound cakes go, but I’m a huuuuuuge advocate for letting simple cake flavors shine for themselves. And by that I mean there is no frosting or glaze in sight here today but it is SO not even needed.
And let it be known that you will rarely hear me say that frosting and/or glaze is not needed. So you know this lemon cream cheese swirl pound cake has gotta be the real deal.
It’s SO pretty and yet so easy to make at the same time: >>>
- Pound cake batter. It follows the standard base I use for all my pound cake recipes only this time TONS of lemon goodness get thrown into the batter. A little juice + a LOT of zest.
- Cream cheese swirl. It’s just cream cheese, a little sugar, and a little half-and-half.
- Swirl time!! Spread about half of the pound cake batter in your loaf pan and then cream cheese filling gets spooned on top. Randomly spoon the rest of the batter on top and then carefully use a knife to swirl the two together to get those GOAL-WORTHY swirl contrasts.
Bake this beauty up and marvel at the cake masterpiece you just created. PS, a little powdered sugar on top never hurt anyone. ??
It’s seriously SO moist, buttery, lemon-y, and the silky cream cheese filling just works magic in contrast to that trademark dense pound cake texture. <<<< obsessed.
Contemplating lemon cream cheese swirl pound cake for breakfast now? Me too, guys, me toooooo.
Lemon Cream Cheese Swirl Pound Cake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with tin foil and lightly grease and flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla, lemon juice, zest, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in milk, flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Set batter aside for a moment.
Cream Cheese Swirl
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape half of batter into prepared pan. Spread cream cheese swirl on top of batter and top with remaining batter. Use a knife to gently swirl batter and cream cheese several times. Bake pound cake at 350F 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar then slice and enjoy!