Flaky blueberries ‘n’ cream almond scones are jam-packed with juicy blueberries, toasty almonds, and drizzled with a rich vanilla glaze.—just try to eat only one of these addicting scones!
Whoa, it is MAY you guys!! Utterly insane. I only have about 2 weeks of semester + finals left, a million deadlines, finals studying, trips-planning to get done, and apartment-moving-out to somehow make happen in only two weeks.
P.S. Send all the blueberries ‘n’ cream almond scones. And coffee. Scary amounts of both please.
Also, I feel like these scones are MORE than appropriate now seeing that Mother’s Day is only a little more than a week out. And for me, scones just always screamed Mother’s Day brunchin’. Mostly because they make an ideal little mimosa sidekick. ??
Literally, just a pitcher of mimosas and a plate of these scones is all you need to make brunch a blast, guys. I 100% promise you that.
So as with my staggering collection of scones, today’s blueberries ‘n’ cream almond scones are kinda sorta following that basic pattern. Which means you KNOW you’re in for the following —>
An incredibly flaky interior. √ buttery almond flavor. √ incredible little pockets of juicy blueberries. √ and enough creamy glaze to make you actually swoon. √ ??
I would go out on a limb and say that these quite possibly may be my new favorite scones. And that’s saying a LOT because our scone game is on point around here most of the time.
Not only that, but they’re freaking GORGEOUS! Those purple blueberry pockets are literally making my heart jump around right now. Plus glaze + toasty almonds are just always a nice addition. <<< your mom wants these on the brunch menu, trust me!!
Along with the aforespoken pitcher of mimosas obviously. Brunch wins all around!!
Blueberries 'n' Cream Almond Scones
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons French vanilla coffee creamer
- Additional toasted sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Mix in yogurt, eggs, cream, and extracts until a shaggy dough forms. Gently fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead several times until dough comes together. Pat dough into a 1-in thick round. Cut round into 8 wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheets. Bake scones at 425F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until a thick glaze forms. Drizzle glaze over cooled scones and top with additional sliced almonds. Let scones stand 5 minutes before serving for glaze to set. Enjoy!