Classic, restaurant-style chicken fried rice made in only TWENTY minutes entirely in the instant pot! This one will quickly become a dinner staple.
Oh hey, guess what? My skillet is now forever fired from chicken fried rice duty.
Nothing personal, just easy-peasy, freaking amazeballs instant pot business. What can I say?
Nothing more really needs to be said. Except holy freaking cow, can we just eat a huge bowl of chicken fried rice already???
Tbh, I’m ready to go live in that bowl and call it done.
SO. Instant pot is so on rice duty today, guys. All of us instant pot people know how insanely easy it is to cook rice in the instant pot, yes?
Turns out that fried rice is kinda the same deal.
Seriously. It’s fluffy, it’s packed with ALL THE FRIED RICE things you love, and there’s chicken which basically makes it an entire meal in one.
Say hey to basically your new dinner bestie, ya’ll.
20-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt, pepper, and additional soy sauce to taste
- Place rice and water in instant pot. Cook on RICE/RISOTTO setting for 12 minutes, then release pressure naturally 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in instant pot using SAUTE mode. Once heated, pour beaten eggs in bottom of instant pot. Use a spatula to gently lift up edges of eggs, gently folding until eggs are set. Fold eggs into quarters and carefully remove from instant pot to a cutting board. Finely chop eggs and set aside.
- With instant pot still on SAUTE mode, saute chicken, onion, carrot, and garlic in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are just slightly tender. Add rice, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar to instant pot and saute several minutes until rice is fragrant.
- Add eggs back to fried rice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!