A juicy blueberry filling and oatmeal cookie-like streusel topping makes these blueberry oatmeal cookie streusel pie bars a perfect no-fuss summer dessert, snack, or even breakfast!
I say breakfast cause fruit. And oatmeal. You get my drift? We can pretty much gloss right over the little blueberry pie detail….
But hey, pie for breakfast? We’ve all done it at some point in our lives, admit it.
So it is my pleasure to announce that blueberry oatmeal cookie streusel pie bars are an all day affair.
I could think of worse summer situations to be in……
I’m seriously SUCH a huge fruit bar fan, you guys. Seriously, the bar archives are about 95% fruit stuff and I promise you won’t hate it. In fact, I’d highly recommend you make them all.
But after you make these blueberry oatmeal cookie streusel pie bars. Ticking all the boxes today we have…..
√ Oatmeal cookie crust
√ Blueberry pie filling (TWO ingredients, yo!)
√ Oatmeal cookie streusel. (psssssst, it’s the same stuff as the crust!)
My over the top self totally wanted to drown these babies in glaze, but I decided just to let alllllll the blueberry pie goodness shine for itself.
They don’t need any help doing so, trust me. The crust and topping are seriously SO soft, buttery, and full of awesome textures while the juicy blueberry filling just ties everything together into a perfect summer package.
Eat these for breakfast AND dessert, guys. I’d highly recommend.
Blueberry Oatmeal Cookie Streusel Pie Bars
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thaw if using frozen)
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam preserves
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, melted coconut oil, yogurt, and vanilla until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust at 350F 8-10 minutes or until a light golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and jam and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top and gently press to adhere. Bake bars at 375F 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan. Slice bars into squares and enjoy!