Fresh peaches and amaretto are a match made in heaven in this SUPER-soft glazed amaretto peach quick bread! Perfect way to use up those summer peaches.
I am very into peaches and amaretto liquor hanging out in the same quick bread together, friends.
Obviously with glaze. Would I even dare to show up with a knock-you-naked quick bread without glaze?
Ahhhhh yes. ^^^ Just like that. Dripping down literally every square inch of peach quick bread goodness. ??
Shocking, I know but this is my current favorite quick bread of ALL time, guys.
All the prep for this bread is quick, quick, QUICK today. Seriously, one bowl batter, 50-min bake time (yeaaaah I know, the most patience-trying part of quick breads) glaze it all up, slice it all up, EAT it all up, and call it day.
I use just 1/4 cup of amaretto liquor in this bread and you really don’t need much more than that because it lends SUCH an amazing almond-y flavor that pairs so well with the fragrant, juicy peaches.
Psssssst…there’s more amaretto in the glaze too but if you’re worried about the raw alcohol, you can always skip it and just use more half and half.
After glazing this bread I also like to sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Cause we’ve obviously got the most prettiest peach quick bread EVER so why not make it even more gorgeous?
After that I like to eat it. Eat it all to be precise. ♥
Glazed Amaretto Peach Quick Bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup amaretto liquor
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liquor
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream
- Sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until combined. Beat in eggs, yogurt, amaretto, vanilla, and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until batter is just combined. (do not overmix) Fold in peaches.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, use foil to lift bread out of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bread and top with sliced almonds. Slice bread and enjoy!