Juicy roasted cherries and sliced bananas are the ultimate breakfast combo in these granola yogurt bowls! Fast and nutritious for a busy morning breakfast.
Cherries are literally my everything right now. Specifically all roasted up to juicy perfection and piled into a killer granola yogurt bowl.
Who roasts their cherries and eats them for breakfast?? Me, that’s who. I prefer to take my summer repping to the next level.
Also, um why wouldn’t you?? I can’t even tell you how easy these granola yogurt bowls are. Plus they’re gorgeous. Cherries tend to have that gorgeous effect though, yes?
The less glamorous part is pitting all those squirmy little guys. Worst task ever and I totally do it the hard way too cause I’m too cool to use the beer bottle trick apparently.
Once the fruits of your cherry labor are complete, it’s roasting time! Lay them in a single layer and toss a little bit of agave and lemon juice in. A quick 20 minute roast is all it’ll take to transform these cherries into sweet, juicy, bursting little pockets of cherry goodness.
Into your biggest breakfast bowl with ALL the cherries, sliced bananas, granola, vanilla yogurt, and a sprinkle of slivered almonds.
Bowl goals, y’all. I feel like I should be eating this every morning for the rest of August.
Dang it, I’m gonna.
Roasted Cherry Banana Granola Yogurt Bowls
- 1-1/2 cups pitted and halved fresh cherries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup storebought or homemade granola
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Toss cherries with lemon juice and agave. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 375F 15-20 minutes or until cherries are bursting and softened.
- Spoon yogurt into serving bowls and top with bananas, roasted cherries, granola, and almonds. Serve immediately and enjoy!