A thick layer of creamy vanilla ice cream is sandwiched between soft homemade chocolate chip blondies for the ultimate twist on ice cream sandwich bars!
I take it all back, you guys. It’s still summer.
The calendar still says August so therefore I am eating blondie chocolate chip ice cream sandwich bars.
And being a good influence by convincing you that you need to be doing the same thing. It’s Friday! It’s a NECESSITY.
Don’t blame meeeeeee. Ice cream is a hard temptation and we all understand this.
Also we need to talk about ice cream in the form of HOMEMADE freaking ice cream sandwich bars. With homemade chocolate chip blondies coming in clutch for the bread. ???
So observe the ice cream wizardry I took part in today. >>>
- I made homemade blondies. With chocolate because I am no fool.
- I had a realization like huh, ice cream is good.
- Before I knew it, I was cutting my blondies in half, stuffing ice cream in between, and wondering why I hadn’t been doing this my entire life.
End story ?? I’ve got a much-improved-since-step-one blondie.
The soft, chewy blondie exterior just plays SO FREAKING WELL with the creamy vanilla interior. Plus, you basically get two blondies PLUS ice cream in the form of one serving of dessert.
Yes, honest-to-goodness truth. Sold yet? ??
Blondie Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Bars
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Gently fold in flour, baking soda, and salt until a smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake blondies at 350F 20-25 minutes or until top is firm when touched. Cool blondies in pan 10 minutes, then use the foil to remove from pan to a wire cooling rack. Cool blondies completely on cooling rack.
- Once blondies are cooled, cut in half down the middle width-wise. Scoop ice cream into 2-in scoops and top the flat side of one of the blondie halves with ice cream. Use an offset spatula to quickly spread ice cream flat. Carefully top ice cream with second blondie half and press firmly to flatten ice cream. Quickly cover with plastic wrap and freeze blondie ice cream sandwiches at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once blondies are frozen, carefully cut into bars and store in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
I’m definitely holding onto every last bit of summer while I still can! And these ice cream bars seem like the perfect way to do that 🙂
Me too girl, me too! <3
Lauren @ Lemon & Mocha says
You sold me just at the name of this recipe! Love this combination, Sarah!