Smooth and creamy ginger-roasted butternut squash apple soup is the ultimate soup combo of fall flavors! Simple to make and you’ll be filling bowl after bowl!
Anotha’ butternut squash soup to add to our steadily growing collection.
And you know I’m gonna say this one is the new fav. I had this butternut squash apple soup for dinner every day for 4 days straight, guys. No lie.
Stepping up in cozy food land today we have like eleven billion fall flavors and you’re gonna love them all dearly.
We got roasted butternut squash + apples. Candied ginger. All ‘dat creaminess. Etc, etc. One of those soups I could never get sick of when it’s chilly as heck outside.
So first things first, let’s get some roasty business going! Cube up a medium butternut squash and quarter a few apples. Lay ’em out in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil + fresh minced sage and SEND IT…..to the oven. (had to, sorry)
Once everything is all super soft and tender, it’s time to let the blender take care of the rest of business. Throw the squash and apples in the blender and pour warmed chicken stock over top. Toss some candied ginger in there and a few spices. COMMENCE BLENDING.
P.S. a cute little cream swirl is an absolute necessity with this roasted butternut squash apple soup, guys. Just necessary.
Hello, lover. I’m obv talking to that cream swirl.
Be ready to eat nothing but this soup for the rest of your life, friends. ???
Ginger Roasted Butternut Squash Apple Soup
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-in cubes
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated fresh Parmesan and additional minced sage for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lay butternut squash, apples, and onion in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh minced sage. Roast butternut squash and apples at 400F 25-30 minutes or until apples and squash are very tender.
- Place apples and squash in a high speed blender. Pour warmed chicken stock over top and add ginger and nutmeg. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Transfer soup to a medium saucepot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add half and half cream and salt and pepper to taste. Cover soup and let simmer 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve soup hot with grated fresh Parmesan and additional minced sage if desired. Enjoy!