Soft, spiced gingerbread is filled with a luscious cheesecake swirl for the ultimate twist on gingerbread! This gingerbread cheesecake swirl quick bread is a holiday brunch must.
If you gingerbread isn’t sporting a gigantic cheesecake swirl then you’re probably doin’ your holiday eats all wrong.
Just an FYI that this is just about the most amazing thing you’ve ever seen. No biggie.
Nary a speck of frosting in sight because it’s SO not even needed. I prefer to let the pure amazingness that is the combo of soft, spiced gingerbread + creamy cheesecake swirl speak for themselves.
Plus this doubles duty as breakfast or dessert, guys. Or BOTH! Hey, it’s December! The cheat-ingest month of the year. I’m in full support.
Two parts involved in this gingerbread cheesecake swirl quick bread. Batter + swirl. And I pinky PROMISE that the cheesecake swirl is 1000x easier than it looks
- Gingerbread batter. It’s so simple but it makes the homiest, softest, best-ever gingerbread. Almost as good as grandma’s, but c’mon. We all know nothing will ever beat that.
- Maybe cheesecake swirl can come in a close second? Pour half of your gingerbread batter into a loaf pan then dollop the filling on top. Top with the rest of the batter, then use a knife to gently swirl the two.
Careful not to go overboard on the swirling though, guys. You’ll lose the pretty as HECK swirl effect.
And it is, indeed, just about the prettiest as heck thing your holiday brunch menu is gonna have on it.
You won’t even believe how good the contrast of the creamy cheesecake and spicy gingerbread goes together. Insanely good and you must devour at least an entire loaf solo to understand my point.
2 million pieces later……??
Gingerbread Cheesecake Swirl Quick Bread
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 in loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter, sugar, molasses, eggs, yogurt, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until smooth. Set aside for a moment.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape half of gingerbread batter into prepared pan. Spread cream cheese swirl on top of batter and top with remaining batter. Use a knife to gently swirl batter and cream cheese several times. Bake gingerbread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Let cake cool in pan 20 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust top of gingerbread with powdered sugar then slice and enjoy!