Sweet peppers and fragrant basil add SO much incredible flavor to these peanut thai noodles! Ready in minutes and 10x better than any take-out!
Here to inform you that the best take-out peanut thai noodles are made from the comfort of your own abode.
And they are just about the best freaking thing you will ever put in your mouth.
One of my favorite things in the world to make is take-out style meals at home. I knooooow, it slightly defeats the entire purpose of take-out which is to promote dinner laziness, but work with me here.
If it ends in things like peanut thai noodles getting a slight makeover in the direction of beautiful piles of sweet peppers + flavor-packed basil all hangin’ out together in noodle land with a creamy peanut sauce, you’re gonna be all.in.
The beauty of these peanut thai noodles is how incredibly EASY they are for being a take-out copycat. 35 minutes + a handful o’ basic ingredients is all that’s standing between you and an XXL bowl of this goodness. >>
- Saute up a mess of sweet peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Then make your peanut sauce right in the same pan. Creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch get brought to a low simmer and it’s nooooooooodle time!
- I use pad thai noodles but if you don’t have those on hand, fettuccine will work just fine.
Throw all that noodle goodness into all the saucy wonder……then piles of basil are a necessity. It really just ties all the flavors together in these noodles and gives it that extra oomph of flavor.
I was eating these noodles straight from the pan with my HANDS because it’s just so dang tasty. Leftovers are SUPER great reheated for lunch the next day FYI!
Or breakfast. C’mon, you get it too.
Sweet Pepper Basil Peanut Thai Noodles
- 1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 12 oz pad thai noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute sweet pepper, and onion in oil until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, and cornstarch-water mixture until smooth. Return vegetable mixture to medium-high heat and add soy sauce mixture.
- Bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Reduce heat to medium and add cooked pad thai noodles, stirring occasionally until noodles are heated through and coated with sauce.
- Remove noodles from heat and stir in basil and chopped peanuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!