Tender seared salmon meets Israeli couscous and all the Greek fixins’ in this MEGA-PACKED Greek seared salmon couscous salad! The best salad for summer.
Permanent obsession, Greek food meet NEW obsession Israeli pearl couscous.
Live happily ever after in Greek seared salmon couscous salad. THE SALAD OF SUMMER. I’m callin’ it right now.
Yes, I’m aware we are not even to the midpoint of April, and yes I’m aware that good ‘ol Wisconsin is predicted to get 3 inches of snow today, your point?
Can’t hear anything over the sound of this freaking.awesome.salad.
So here’s the scoop on what’s happening in salad wonderland today: We’ve got seared salmon, (which is my absolute OBSESSION right now) tender little Israeli pearl couscous, a tangy lime vinaigrette dressing, and ALL the Greek goods like cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and all the feta I can humanly fit in a salad.
The absolute beauty of this Greek seared salmon couscous salad is that it can be made ENTIRELY ahead of time and actually tastes better the next day when you give the veggies, couscous, and salmon cubes a chance to sit in that flavorful lime dressing and soak up all the flavor.
I have yet to make it to longer than Day 2 though. You let me know if you manage to.
Even non-seafood people are gonna be completely and utterly obsessed with this couscous salad, y’all. It is a thing of beauty and BONUS, it’s getting us pumped up for summer!!
You know what my summer salad agenda is looking like >>
Greek Seared Salmon Couscous Salad
- 2 medium skinless salmon fillets (about 1 lb)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz pearl couscous (cooked according to package instructions)
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Heat butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, then add salmon fillets and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Cool salmon then dice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients then top with salmon. Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, (or make the dressing ahead of time) whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!