Incredibly flavorful, fall-apart tender lemon herb butter chicken is made in MINUTES in the instant pot and so good piled over hot noodles or rice!
Can I tempt you to spend less than THIRTY minutes on dinner tonight? Making no less than the coziest spring food.
It’s been a hot minute since we’ve done anything instant pot related around here, so behold: the arrival of instant pot lemon herb butter chicken.??
Aka, the chicken I literally want to eat on everything from noodles to rice, to salads to mashed potatoes.
To straight from the instant pot because that’s just how we roll around here. << some things will never change.
Also, this lemon herb butter chicken is a GREAT dinner choice if you’re feeling the food brunt of the holiday weekend a little bit. Yes, the title says butter chicken but I PROMISE this one is on the lighter side. There’s tons of lemon + herb goodness all lightening the load and delivering tons of flavors.
There are TWO major steps to this lemon herb butter chicken, y’all. THE EASIEST. >>>
- Saute your boneless skinless chicken thigh cubes in olive oil until they’re nearly cooked through.
- Then it’s magic sauce time. Melted butter, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, parsley, chicken broth, cornstarch, and garlic get whisked up and thrown on top of the browned chicken. Nestle a few lemon slices in there for an extra OOMPH of lemon flavor.
Then its high pressure for 12 minutes, let the pressure release naturally for 5, then open that lid and be greeted with the smell of dinner goals.
My favorite way to eat this chicken is piled over a big bed of angel hair noodles but you’ve got a TON of options for that. However you choose to eat it, you’re gonna be OBSESSED with how buttery, yet light and fresh-tasting it is. SUPER fall-apart tender too.
Pro tip: Make a BIG batch, eat it all week on top of all the things. Peace.
Instant Pot Lemon Herb Butter Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-in pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 medium lemon, cut in half and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice or noodles for serving
- Using the SAUTE mode on instant pot, saute chicken in olive oil until lightly browned. Turn off SAUTE mode and set aside for a minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, chicken broth, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour over chicken and season with salt and pepper. Arrange lemon slices around chicken.
- Fasten lid onto instant pot and lock in place. Cook chicken on high pressure 12 minutes then release pressure 5 minutes. Serve chicken hot over rice or noodles and enjoy!