Smothered in flavorful basil pesto and roasted with broccoli and sweet peppers, this pesto baked salmon is on the dinner table in MINUTES and super filling, yet light on the carbs!
Really, what dinner isn’t improved by slathering it with thick as heck layers of pesto?
^^^ what all dinners aspire to be. I rest my case.
Salmon is one of our go-to’s when it comes to fish around here, and YES I know I’m basic, but it’s up there with my favorite fish. Also I live in Wisconsin which might explain why I don’t have access to a wide variety of seafood. We work with what we get. ??
Clearly it all works out. We’ve got pesto baked salmon comin’ in HOT with about 80% pesto, 20% salmon, and even some veggies sneaked into the cracks. ♥
I kid you not about the ease involved in this pesto baked salmon, guys. Probably the longest part is making your homemade basil pesto and even that is SUPER fast and easy. Here’s your prep steps >>>
- Basic basil pesto. Vrrooom it up in the food processor and call life good.
- Arrange your salmon fillets + sweet peppers, onions, and broccoli in a big ‘ol baker dish. Slather that pesto literally everywhere and don’t miss an inch.
- That is IT. Let the oven take care of business now and you take care of the important things like sipping your dinner win wine. ??
The salmon seriously bakes up SO melt-in-your-mouth tender and buttery you won’t even believe it. The vegetables are packed down with pesto flavor, super tender…..
…and honestly, you will not even miss the carbs one little bit. Promiseeeeee.
Pesto Baked Salmon with Broccoli + Sweet Peppers
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a food processor, pulse spinach, basil, garlic, and pine nuts while drizzling olive oil through top until pesto is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set pesto aside.
- Pat salmon fillets dry on both sides and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons pesto on each salmon fillet and evenly spread. Toss broccoli, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic with remaining pesto and arrange around salmon.
- Bake salmon at 375F 20-25 minutes until veggies are tender and salmon registers 145F. Serve salmon and veggies hot and enjoy!