A fresh homemade basil pesto and all the caprese fixins’ are a match made in brunch heaven in this skillet basil pesto sausage caprese quiche! Cut BIG slices of this luscious quiche for best results.
Meet the best excuse EVER to eat all the fresh mozz for breakfast. Conveniently wrapped up in a BOMB little basil pesto caprese sausage quiche package.
Yes, this is breakfast. Yes, I can already tell that we’re all 10000% on board with this game plan.
Truth be told, I was never much of a quiche person up until I discovered the SILKIEST egg filling, baked it in a skillet, and covered the whole thing with mozz, basil, tomatoes, and homemade basil pesto.
Uh, yeah. Pretty sure we’re all quiche people now.
If you’re a savory breakfast lover like myself, this little labor of love is quickly going to become a breakfast essential. It’s not SUPER huge fuss to make, there’s just a lot of components, most of which can be made way ahead of time.
Here’s the quiche game plan for a BOMB anytime-of-the-week breakfast. >>>
- The night before, prebake your crust.
- Then make the egg filling and prep all the add-ins which will be sliced tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzarella, and cooked sausage.
- Bake ‘er all up and let it chill overnight.
- The next morning, whip up your basil pesto, slice the chilled quiche and throw a bunch of basil on top and reheat the individual slices for neater serving.
Slather ALL THAT PESTO into all the quiche cracks because it’s literal liquid gold.
We are all quiche people now without a doubt, guys. Make this for brunch or heck, make it for yourself.
And invite me over either way?
Skillet Basil Pesto Sausage Caprese Quiche
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pie pastry for 1 (9 in) pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 lb cooked turkey sausage
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4-6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- In a food processor, pulse basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan while drizzling oil through top until pesto is smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out pie pastry to fit a 9-in pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of crust and bake at 400F 10-12 minutes or until a very light golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until smooth. Place sausage in bottom of pre-baked crust and pour egg filling on top. Top with roma tomato slices and mozzarella slices. Swirl pesto around top of quiche.
- Bake quiche at 375F 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and a knife inserted in middle of quiche comes out clean. Cool quiche 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!