Massively flavorful barbecue chicken sliders are piled high with a sweet peach scallion slaw for the ULTIMATELY easy and crowd-pleasing summer appetizer!
Just in case you were looking to pre-game all those mid-summer cookouts the RIGHT way……barbecue chicken sliders with peach scallion slaw comin in hoooooooot!!
Yes, you will have to preheat the grill earlier than usual. Promise it’s 1000% worth it for these beauties.
Lookit’ how STACKED and stuffed these barbecue chicken sliders are, guys. Biggest pet peeve is when the slider is only like 2 bites and then it’s gone.
Apps were made to be this loaded and stuffed with the good stuff, trust me. Especially if that means a) juicy barbecue drenched chicken b) sweet, tangy peach scallion slaw.
Second biggest pet peeve is when the apps take a 1.5 years to make. These are SO simple to throw together for a last minute app or if you just so happen to have extra chicken around and want a quick and easy dinner. >>>
- CHICKEN. No frills or fancy stuff here. You can totally use Sweet Baby Rays or make your own, totally your call. Just make sure you drench those chicken pieces with TONS of it and keep brushing more on as you grill them to juicy perfection.
- SLAW. You can assemble the shredded cabbage, peaches, and scallions ahead of time and then just before serving dress it with the creamy dressing. Just try to keep your hands outta the bowl. The sweet CREAMINESS of this slaw is literal heaven with the juicy, smoky chicken. ♥
- ASSEMBLY. This is the part where we load those slider buns as full as they will physically hold. You got this, I believe in us.
Fitting your mouth around all that barbecue chicken sliders goodness? I wish you best of luck with that and recommend 12 napkins.
Summer app game = STRONG and possibly beating out the main course.
Barbecue Chicken Sliders with Peach Scallion Slaw
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce (storebought or homemade)
- 4-6 slider buns (such as Kings Hawaiian)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium peaches, finely diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Top with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and gently toss until evenly coated. Let chicken marinate in sauce at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from sauce and heat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce frequently until chicken registers 160F. Keep chicken warm.
- Cut buns in half and brush each half with melted butter. Grill 1-2 minutes until crispy. Set aside for a moment.
- In a medium bowl, combine all slaw ingredients until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use (slaw may be made ahead)
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom of each bun and top with barbecue chicken and slaw. Serve sliders immediately and enjoy!