Made ENTIRELY in the instant pot in less than 30 minutes and a dead ringer for the real thing, this shiitake mushroom beef stroganoff is the easy comfort food you NEED!
September is the unofficial start to COZY food season. Although if we’re being real here, cozy food is an all time deal for me and yes, that means soup in the 85 degree weather like a irrational person.
And big ‘ol instant pots full of shiitake mushroom beef stroganoff cause cozy classics like this NEVER go outta style.
Yes, I will gladly eat it straight outta the pot if you bring up the idea. Don’t tempt my cozy food lovin’ soul.
Obviously beef stroganoff is a classic that all comfort food peeps know and love dearly. Typically it’s not the hardest thing in the world to make BUT for simplicity’s sake and because of the fact that today is my last first day of semester in my college career, (and you BET ya girl’s going out with a bang of 18 credits) let’s just throw everything in the instant pot and keep things easy mkay?
We’ve pretty much just got THREE major steps standing between us and that glorious bowl of creamy beef carbalicous goodness up there, guys. –>
- Brown/saute function on the instant pot to lightly brown our onions, beef, and shiitake mushrooms.
- Egg noodles, beef broth, flour, and Worcestershire sauce into the instant pot and cook everything on high pressure about 7 minutes.
- Theeeeeen…the signature creaminess we all adore about beef strog >>> Gently fold in sour cream and a handful of fresh herbs to tie allllll those incredible flavors together.
Comfort food, we adore thee with every ounce of our being.
The savoriness of the tender shiitake mushrooms, the tender as heck beef strips, and all.that.creamy.pasta.GOODNESS. It’s a pot full of cozy food dreams and nothing less.
You will eat the entire pot if you allow yourself to, nothing less.
Instant Pot Shiitake Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (12 oz) package wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set a 6-qt instant pot to SAUTE mode. Once heated, saute beef and onion in butter until lightly browned. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are slightly softened.
- Add beef broth, egg noodles, thyme, and Worcestershire to instant pot and stir until combined. Lock lid on top and set instant pot to cook high pressure for 7 minutes, letting release steam for 5 minutes afterwards.
- Remove lid from instant pot and stir in sour cream, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste until sour cream is melted and creamy. Serve beef stroganoff hot and enjoy!