The instant pot makes these honey sesame glazed chicken meatballs SUPER tender and they’re smothered to perfection in a sweet ‘n’ savory honey sesame sauce! The BEST app you’ll ever make.
This is app season and we are here to STAY awhile. And to eat honey sesame glazed chicken meatballs until we burst or until we need to break and go make more.
Yes, those urges you are feeling right now to grab one of those toothpicks straight out of your screen are completely rational.
For these >> I’d recommend personal bowls for everyone heaped high with meatballs and probably some beer somewhere nearby as well. They say it’s football szn or something?
We are here for it. And by that I mean we’re here for the food and nothing more.
So these meatballs. They are comprised of TWO steps which are as follows: Meatballs + sauce.
THE EASIEST. Ground chicken makes for one moist meatball as long as you do it right. We’re gonna do a simple meatball base and then brown those little guys in the instant pot.
THEN things get saucy and trust me, you want it in XXL amounts. Sweet, savory, and sesame-y are the three adjectives we’re working with today for this sauce and it is dang good.
We’re gonna cook our meatballs on high pressure just a few minutes in the sauce and literally, MINUTES later we’ve got the best app ready to accidentally not make it to the app table, whooops.
Trust me on this: take 20 minutes and make these for the tailgate. Your friends will love and admire you forever.
Except for when you not-so-accidentally eat all of them. YOU CANNOT RESIST.
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Glazed Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Honey Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and seasonings until combined. Form meatballs into 1-in balls.
- Heat a 6-qt instant pot on SAUTE function and add oil. Working in batches, brown meatballs in oil until golden. Transfer meatballs to a plate and set aside.
Honey Sesame Sauce
- Stir all sauce ingredients together in instant pot. Add browned meatballs to sauce and stir to coat. Set instant pot to high pressure and lock lid in place. Cook 8 minutes on high pressure then let release pressure 5 minutes. Serve meatballs hot and enjoy!