Jam-packed with juicy steak cubes and sweet pineapple, this Hawaiian pineapple steak fried rice is the BEST way to use up leftover rice and tastes 100x better than takeout!
If it has Hawaiian in the title……you know we’re about to get down and dirty in PINEAPPLE land.
And in true Sarah fashion, we’d better throw some steak and fried rice in there for good measure. It’s insanity and it is great.
You know what else is insanity? Having your apartment conveniently placed directly above a freaking incredible Chinese restaurant. Suffice to say, I eat a lot of fried rice and bubble tea now and no, I would not wish to share those numbers of how often I do.
Obviously it can’t be that bad if I still feel inclined to make my own fried rice at home. And pack it THIS FULL of good stuff, too.
This pineapple steak fried rice is IDEAL for when you have leftover cooked rice that needs a use in life. That use is in this fried rice, guys. IT’S DESTINY.
Really all we’re doing here today is a) sauteing up a bunch ‘o veggies + steak cubes b) scrambling up a few eggs c) digging out that leftover rice and throwing it in along with copious amounts of pineapple d) a quick stir-fry sauce and we GOLDEN.
Jumping directly into the whole shebang is a mood, guys. And it’s a rational thing to do at this point.
And let me tell you, the tangy sweetness of the pineapple SHINES with the juicy steak cubes, all that veggie goodness, and the savory fried rice. It could put the Chinese place underneath my apartment outta business.
This recipe doubles or triples EASILY for a crowd, and let me tell you, I’d highly recommend that even if it’s just you and yourself needing dinner tonight.
Hawaiian Pineapple Steak Fried Rice
- 1 lb top round steak, fat trimmed and steak cut into 1-in cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons, divided vegetable oil
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 1 can (15 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained and 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season steak cubes with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute steak cubes in oil several minutes until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same pan. Saute carrots and onions over medium heat until carrots are tender and onions are translucent. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute. Add peas and pineapple then remove vegetables from pan.
- In same pan over medium heat, pour beaten eggs into bottom of pan and gently fold eggs with a spatula until cooked. Remove eggs from skillet and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan and add rice, sauteeing several minutes until rice is heated through. Add soy sauce, remaining pineapple juice, and fish sauce.
- Add sauteed vegetables, eggs, steak, and green onions to fried rice and saute several minutes until fried rice is heated through. Season fried rice with salt and pepper to taste. Serve fried rice hot and enjoy!
Leave a Reply