Silky pumpkin pie filling is swirled with a luscious ribbon of milk chocolate to make one swoon-worthy holiday tart! This milk chocolate swirl pumpkin tart is so easy and SUCH a stunner!
If you’re not doing your pumpkin tart with a overboard swirl of milk chocolate, I have news for you: You’re doing Thanksgiving all wrong.
Also if this pumpkin tart isn’t the main course? Also doing Thanksgiving wrong.
I have a minor obsession with swirling stuff into all my desserts. IT’S SO FREAKING PRETTY. And honestly, what couldn’t be improved with a million swirls of milk chocolate?
It takes ho-hum Thanksgiving pumpkin tart to a whoooole ‘nother level, I’ll tell you what…..
Up first we’ve got a simple, yet completely a tart necessity graham cracker crust that’s honestly the landscape to any good tart. Butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs, c’mon what could go wrong?
Sitting on top of the tart is just ‘yer basic pumpkin pie filling. It’s custardy, silky-smooth, sweet ‘n’ spiced, literally everything you could ever ask of a humble pumpkin tart filling.
The only thing not humble are the copious amounts of melty milk chocolate we’re gonna now swirl into this beautiful guy here. Okay pumpkin tart, you win the beauty prize, you win it all.
I’d recommend chilling this pumpkin tart at least a few hours or optimally overnight to let the filling completely set. It’ll slice up like a DREAM and then obviously you know we’re gonna throw some good ‘ol whipped cream into the party.
And you know, be very thankful no one will judge us if we eat half the tart in milliseconds.
Milk Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Tart
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup good-quality milk chocolate, melted
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9-in tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all crust ingredients until it is the consistency of wet sand. Press crust mixture into bottom and halfway up the sides of tart pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs pumpkin pies spice, vanilla, salt, cornstarch, milk, and cream until smooth. Pour pumpkin filling into prepared crust.
- Drop melted milk chocolate by small dollops on top of pumpkin filling and use a knife to gently swirl the two batters.
- Bake tart at 350F 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle of filling comes out clean. Let tart cool completely at room temperature and chill in fridge at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Enjoy!