Stuffed with a super flavorful creamy pesto filling, these pesto stuffed sweet pepper poppers are SUPER addicting and the perfect little party app!
These little guys right here are what you NEED on your Superbowl agenda.
Yes, if you don’t have an agenda by now, please get on that asap. The food makes up the MVP portion of the game. Truth.
And if you’re in the same boat as me where you don’t have an actual team to cheer on…..I vote we cheer on pesto stuffed sweet pepper poppers instead.
Teams can let ya down. These poppers never.ever.will. Promise.
To be honest, these pesto stuffed sweet pepper poppers are almost embarrassing to even call a recipe because they are a) literally only a handful of ingredients b) ready for face shoving in minutes. Signs are pointing to….HECK yes?
The filling is literally just pesto, (homemade or storebought, totally yo choice!) Parmesan, garlic, cream cheese, and salt and pepper. << seriously, sometimes simple is just best. This filling is literally addicting by the spoonful.
BUT…why not create a little edible vehicle? If spicy’s your jam, totally feel free to do these poppers in jalapenos instead of the mini sweet peppers. I usually do a combo of half sweet and half spicy to appease all audiences.
I also usually stash roughly about half of the overall pepper popper population away from the general public for myself. Just in case you want a seasoned snack pro’s secret sauce.
Let’s get POPPIN’! >>>
Pesto Stuffed Sweet Pepper Poppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 mini sweet peppers, halved and seeds removed
- Fresh basil for topping
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, pesto, Parmesan, and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill sweet peppers with filling and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake sweet peppers at 350F 20-25 minutes until peppers are tender and filling is browned. Sprinkle fresh basil over poppers. Serve hot and enjoy!