Stuffed with a tangy cream cheese filling and topped with a sweet peach compote, this stuffed french toast is a stunner for any brunch and on the table in minutes!
We’re about to treat ourselves to the weekend brunch of our actual DREAMS, y’all.
No leaving the house required. ?? In fact, I would highly recommend you stay in those daytime PJs and possibly even return to your bed and eat your stuffed french toast brunch in maximum comfort.
^^ Find me doing exactly that all weekend and more than likely during the week too. This home life is a glamorous one, I tell ya…
Let’s talk about the french toast winning all the beauty + flavor prizes today. LITERALLY though.
I’m about to discuss in DEPTH that these babies are seriously stuffed to capacity with a sweet cream cheese, cooked like normal french toast, and then smothered in sweet peach compote + powdered sugar. ??
They look fancy as heck, but I’m here to tell you that they are easy breezy breakfast food. Total lazy weekend brunch food, but also totally doable on a week morning even if you aren’t stuck at home.
Let’s get french toastin’! Here’s your prep list for this cream cheese stuffed french toast >>
- Grab some peaches and let’s make some compote! We’re basically just throwing the fruit, sugar, a little lemon juice, and water in a pan and letting it reduce on the stove awhile. (p.s. if you don’t have peaches on hand, apples, strawberries, nectarines or pears would also work!)
- Get your hands on some stale french bread and we’re going to cut THICK slices so we have enough room to cut a little pocket in them for stuffing the cream cheese filling in.
- Speaking of which, whip up some cream cheese with a little powdered sugar + vanilla and stuff those bad boys!
From there, it’s just french toast 101 as usual! We’re dipping the stuffed french bread slices in an egg custard and frying them up on the griddle.
And then we’re making ourselves an extremely huge french toast plate that looks roughly like that >>
Oh my gosh. The silkiness of the creamy cheesecake filling with the soft bread and sweet peaches on top is a thing of french toast MAGIC. I could eat this for literally every meal.
Add this winner to your Mother’s Day brunch plans if you’re looking for THE way to impress the heck outta any mom. And, well, you know have yourself a legendary brunch.
Let’s do more easy brunch items! Try these winners out next. ♥
Peach Compote Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and diced into 1-in cubes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 slices thick-cut french bread
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powdered sugar for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring all peach compote ingredients to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let compote simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until compote is thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- Carefully cut a small 1-1/2 to 2 inch slit in width of french bread slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese with sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Spoon cream cheese filling into cut slit in french bread slices. Set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, remaining vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat and grease with butter. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, coating both sides. Working in batches, cook french toast 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Repeat with remaining french toast.
- Serve french toast hot with peach compote and powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!