Swirls of fresh blueberry sauce, lemon curd, and shortbread cookie crumbs are an incredible trio of flavors in this no churn blueberry frozen yogurt!
Rolling in with THE only frozen treat you need to make it through the rest of this heckin’ hot summer.
I’m fairly certain blueberry frozen yogurt ft. swirls of lemon curd and shortbread cookies is up to the task.
Ashamedly, I am one of those people that only really has frozen yogurt when its at one of those places where you fill your own cup and top it with boba bubbles, candy, etc. and shockingly pay like $12 for the whole thing. ?
These days I’m resorting to keeping a tub of this blueberry frozen yogurt in the freezer at ALL times. Dreamy is the only word I’ve got for ya to describe this perfect scoop.
Yes, it’s nowhere near calorie friendly despite it being frozen yogurt because homemade blueberry sauce, lemon curd and shortbread cookies are a thing here. ?
However, let me entice you with the fact that this beautiful fro yo is NO CHURN. And if ya care, I’ve got all the nutritional information below with the recipe like usual.
It’s not too bad, promise. Serving size is TWO ginormous scoops.
Let’s walk through the components for this blueberry frozen yogurt >>
Shortbread crumbles. If you have pre-made shortbread cookies on hand, 3/4 cup of cookie crumbles will totally work here. Homemade is SO easy though and we’re not fussing around with chilling or rolling dough either.
Just mix up your dough, pat it in a square pan, bake it, cool it, crumble them into bite-sized pieces.
Blueberry sauce. Blueberries, water, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch cooks on the stove until juicy and thick.
Lemon curd. You can absolutely use jarred lemon curd here, but if you want to try your hand at homemade, give this recipe a shot!
Frozen yogurt base. Plain yogurt, a little bit of honey, condensed milk, vanilla, and whipped cream. Fold everything together and then it’s time to layer this fro yo beauty up!
We’re doing layers of three here. 1/3 of the yogurt base, followed by swirls of lemon curd, blueberry sauce, and cookie crumbles. Repeat these layers two more times then it’s into the freezer with everything for 4-6 hours.
Your jaw is literally going to drop when you go to scoop this fro yo and see the swirled/layered action. It looks like something out of a fancy ice cream store!
Also the little bursts of blueberries with the swirls of lemon curd and little crunchy pieces of cookie is like something out of a fro yo dream.
I’m convinced those dreams do exist because honestly, LOOK at this fro yo masterpiece!! You’re about to make magic happen.
More freezer desserts you need to be stocking up with!
- Caramel Macchiato Swirl Coffee Ice Cream
- Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
No Churn Lemon Curd Shortbread Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, thaw)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 3/4 cup jarred lemon curd**
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-in square pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until completely creamy. Fold in vanilla and flour until a soft dough forms.
- Pat dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan and prick all over with a fork. Bake shortbread at 350F 10-12 minutes until golden-brown. Cool shortbread completely on a wire cooling rack, then crumble into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk cornstarch, water, and lemon juice until smooth. Add blueberries and sugar to pan and bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until blueberries are broken down and sauce is thickened. Cool sauce completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk frozen yogurt, condensed milk, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Very gently fold in whipped cream.
- In a loaf pan or a long freezer-safe container, spread 1/3 of yogurt mixture and top with swirls of 1/4 cup of lemon curd and 1/4 cup blueberry sauce, followed with 1/3 of shortbread crumbles. Repeat layers two more times
- Cover frozen yogurt with plastic wrap and freeze until solid and firm, about 4-6 hours. If you let the frozen yogurt freeze longer than 6 hours, I recommend letting it sit out at room temperature 10-15 minutes to soften a bit before scooping. Enjoy!
Tari A says
I’m giving this 4 stars even though I haven’t made this yet. I can’t wait to try it. We’ll be visiting a Jeni’s Splendid Ice cream shop in Dublin, OH this weekend. This totally sounds like a flavor they’d have on their menu. I’ll update my review when I make it.😋
I hope you get a chance to try it, Tari! Feel free to report back how it goes. 🙂