Spinach artichoke pasta is made entirely in one pot and tastes like an indulgent pasta version of the dip! Ready in minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Oh boy, I apologize in advance for this pasta and the fact that you are likely going to find yourself eating it straight from the pot.
I mean, the title pretty much says it all: all the things you love about spinach artichoke dip….with pasta involved. It’s really impossible to go wrong here.
Also impossible to stop eating it, but I’m pretty sure you guessed as much.
It’s incredibly creamy, it’s loaded with all the spinach + artichoke fixins’, and it’s just about the dang cheesiest thing ever with a double whammy of Parmesan and mozzarella.
Honestly, don’t expect this pasta to make it to a serving bowl. It’s just too good.
This Spinach Artichoke Pasta features…
- A creamy, cheesy pasta base
- Wilted baby spinach and flavorful artichoke hearts
- Ready in only 40 minutes in one pot
Making the Spinach Artichoke Pasta
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh garlic
- Neufchatel cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Baby spinach
- Artichoke hearts
When to Serve Pasta
This pasta is amazing anytime of the day! We especially love a bowl for lunch, but it also makes a fantastic side dish for any meat.
You can even throw in some cooked meat if you’d like a little extra protein!
Tips for Perfect Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Boil pasta until al dente – it’s essential you don’t overcook the pasta here because it will continue cooking once added to the sauce. Make sure you salt the water too!
- Saute garlic in butter – fresh garlic adds a lot of flavor to this pasta.
- Melt the cream cheese – add the cream cheese to the garlic-butter and slowly melt over medium heat until smooth. Slowly drizzle in milk, whisking constantly and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients – everything else gets added to the pot and now just let everything cook together about 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted and everything is nicely coated in sauce.
- Use fresh parsley – this last little pop of herbiness brings all the flavors in this pasta together.
Try these ideas for a little bit of a twist on this recipe!
- Use regular cream cheese – we love that Neufchatel cream cheese keeps this pasta lighter on the calories, but if you don’t have it on hand regular cream cheese will work just fine.
- Try another cheese – swiss cheese, white cheddar, asiago, or provolone would all be great choices for this pasta. Feel free to experiment with pairing different cheeses together!
- Add more veggies – sauteed mushrooms, sweet peppers, zucchini, or peas would be great additions.
- Throw in some meat – use cooked sausage, bacon, or chicken for a meaty kick.
- Use a different pasta shape – no worries if you don’t have cavatappi pasta! Any short cut of pasta will work great in this recipe.
How to Store Pasta
This pasta stores very well up to 6 days in the fridge if you have any leftovers (although I seriously doubt you’ll have them!)
To reheat pasta, microwave 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until pasta is heated through.
This entire pot of pasta is just a dream. The sauce is SO creamy, loaded with cheese, and just everything you love about spinach artichoke dip with the addition of pasta. There’s just no going wrong.
All I can say is good luck with your newest pasta addiction.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Try these other one pot pasta favorites next!
One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups 2% or skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups firmly-packed baby spinach
- 1 cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional grated Parmesan for topping
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a Dutch oven or large pot of lightly-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside for a moment.
- In same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant and a light golden brown. Add cream cheese to pot and stir until melted. Whisk in milk until smooth and combined and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add pasta, cheeses, spinach, artichokes, and parsley to pot and stir over medium heat 5 minutes until heated through and spinach is wilted. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top pasta with additional Parmesan cheese if desired and serve warm. Enjoy!