If you love the Starbucks mint mocha latte, you will fall head-over-heels for this easy, five-minute copycat version that’s also on the lighter side!
So I have an amazing idea, guys. It most definitely involves lattes and my idea is simple: we drink them all day every Monday.
No excuses, just do it.
Today we’re doing our energy-distributing liquid gold with all the fixings. Observe above. ↑↑
This involves mint because it’s March, yo! Go green.
It obviously involves chocolate, because a Monday without chocolate is like cheese without a cracker. Undo-able.
I chose to throw whipped cream into the mix too, because you know I can’t help myself…
And I then drizzled my whole coffee-heaven shabang with homemade chocolate-y mint syrup because we might as well take this thing all the way to the finish line.
The finish line where EVERYBODY comes out a winner because we can have all of these Monday latte things in 5 minutes and a’counting. With like only 6 ingredients. And yes, I’ve done all this calculating like 10 times now, because I’m still in complete disbelief.
And let me tell y’all: it took many lattes to make sure things were kept easy-peasy and Monday-worthy for today. Tough job, but somebody had to drink them all. ♥
Okay, I’ll confess that my mom miiiiight have helped a little. As much as I would let her. She has a thing for mint, you see, and happens to big fat puffy HEART these lattes. So I took her on as my taste-testing associate and we took care of our latte drinking duties like NOBODY’S business.
We are both in agreement that these lattes are pure and utter coffee perfection. Seriously, the mint flavors plow through in every sip, but not so much that it makes your mouth taste like toothpaste (ugh, Sarah, stop talking) and the chocolate just brings the whole thing together. It’s love at first sip.
And second, and third and, one thousandth too.
Are you ready for the entire course of your Monday to be changed in a matter of five minutes? I think it’s time to make some latte magic, guys.
- MOCHA MINT SYRUP
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 (4-oz) shots brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons prepared mocha mint syrup (or more to taste)
- Whipped cream for serving, optional
- Make the syrup: Combine agave, cocoa, and extracts in a small bowl, whisking until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a machine or wand steamer to steam milk according to manufacturers instructions. OR, heat milk until steaming then blend 30 seconds in a blender until foamy. Divide hot steamed milk between two coffee cups and stir in prepared mocha mint syrup to your desired sweetness.
- Slowly pour hot brewed espresso between two cups and gently stir to distribute. Top each latte with whipped cream if desired and drizzle with additional syrup. Enjoy immediately!
Let’s talk more coffee, guys!