This rainbow-style fruit salad is loaded with just about every fruit there is and a tangy ginger lime dressing takes the flavors over the top!—The perfect side dish for any spring or summer gathering.
Behold. Living proof that rainbows in the form of gorgeous springtime/early-ish summer salads DO indeed exist.
Edible rainbows are a thing, guys. It just so happens to be my current lifestyle. Why yes, thank you for asking, it IS quite glorious.
Question: can a person hypothetically survive solely on a rainbow fruit salad with ginger lime dressing? Yes, no, maybe, or quite possibly?
Mission Rainbow Impossible is now a GO!
So guys, let’s be real here for a quick sec: is fruit salad your thing? To be honest, it’s normally not my first choice when it comes to eating a salad. I tend to lean more heavily towards the savory kind of salads and save my fruit for the important things like dessert.
Consider the whole salad game CHANGED as of the moment rainbow fruit salad walked into my life. He also brought his buddy ginger lime dressing with him and we’re all the best of friends now.
So guys, there’s obviously not much to this fruit salad: I simply pile an insane variety of colorful fruit in my biggest salad bowl, then bring all the flavors up about 10,346 notches by dousing the whole rainbow in a simple stovetop gingery-lime simple syrup dressing. Oh my flahvaaaaaas!
Then I dive in. With zero shame.
Because fruit = healthy and healthy = face in the bowl.
I know all I talk about around here lately is Mother’s Day, but honestly, guys? This fruit salad would be a PERFECT addition to your brunch table.
It will absolutely balance out all the croissants and danish. Plus, you can’t even deny that it would automatically make any table look gorgeous. Rainbows just do that.
Do not ignore the call of the rainbow any longer, guys.
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 3 cups grapes, halved
- 2 oranges, peeled and diced
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- In a large serving bowl, combine all fruit. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, bring sugar, lime juice, and ginger to a simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour cooled dressing over fruit salad and toss to combine. Chill salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure you try my fruit salad in a JAR next, guys!