These rich, creamy cheesecake bites are SO decadent you’ll never guess they’re completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo!—The chocolate swirl makes for a gorgeous presentation.
There is zero shame on my part for what I’m about to do to you on a Monday.
My overall feelings on the matter are actually falling more along the lines of I-don’t-care-the-weekend-is-over-just-gimme-the-whole-pan-of-cheesecake bites.
And stat, please and thanks.
So before I start rattling off my unfathomable obsession with today’s Monday dessert delight, I gotta ask: how was your Mother’s Day weekend? Did you spoil your mom with brunch fare and flowers? Sit outside and soak up the bee-yoooooo-tiful 70-degree spring weather? Grill for the first time this year??
I hosted the annual family Mother’s Day brunch yesterday for ALL the moms in my family and okay, I even allowed the people who aren’t moms, like the husbands and kids to come and brunch out too.
Did you see my spread on Instagram yesterday? I should’ve gotten an after picture, because whoa…brunch out they did, indeed.
I’m used to pig-outs though, remember? I grew up in a family of 9 kids. Whatever the case, it was a SUPER-nice day with the family—Mother’s Day is one of my favs.
Ask me how I feel about that when I actually have kids someday. Bwhaha.
Okay, we need to dedicate the remainder of this post to cheesecake bites.
Because that chocolate swirl has been calling my name for a good long while now…no more delays, guys.
First things first, I need to let you in on a little secret…are you ready for your mind to be blown?
This is a FAUX cheesecake, guys. Honest. Not even one speck of dairy, grains, or gluten in sight.
I KNOW. You’re probably either thinking (a) this isn’t possible. How?? or (b) um, this isn’t cheesecake then and gross.
Bear with me a moment and keep an open mind.
Let’s talk about the crust: two ingredients. Dates and pecans all ground up in the food processor. Pressed into the pan and frozen. As easy as that!
Now the filling: We’re pulling the whole cashews for cream cheese thing that you may have caught wind of around the blogosphere. SO. COOL. This was my first experience with faux cashew cheesecake and I am in awe over how magical it is.
Soaked cashews take a spin in the blender with coconut milk, (to make the entire dessert dairy free!) agave syrup, coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and a dash of vanilla.
…then it’s into the crust and ready for the fun part.
Yeah, that dark chocolate swirl, you see.
Swirl it and swirl it good. ♥
Then it’s into the freezer with all of it for a few hours until solid…
Then cut into little cheesecake bite squares and DEMOLISH.
And be amazed that it actually honest-to-goodness tastes like rich, creamy cheesecake.
Last on your to-do list? Think up valid excuses as to why all the cheesecake bites disappeared.
I didn’t see a thing. You?
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Make the crust: Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place dates and pecans in a food processor and process until a large-crumb mixture forms. Evenly press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Place in freezer to chill.
- Make the filling: Place cashews, coconut milk, agave, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender. Blend on high speed about 30 seconds until filling is completely smooth and creamy. Pour filling into chilled crust and gently smooth top.
- Spoon melted dark chocolate randomly over cheesecake filling, then gently use a knife to swirl filling. (careful not to overswirl) Cover pan with plastic wrap and freeze cheesecake at least 4 hours until completely solid.
- Use parchment paper to lift cheesecake out of pan. Cut cheesecake into 1-in squares. Store cheesecake bites in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Need more excuses to love on cheesecake? Try macaroon cheesecake tartlets next time!!