A luscious, no-bake cheesecake filling nestled inside little coconut macaroon crusts and topped with lots of fresh blackberries!—these easy tartlets are SUPER-popular at spring gatherings!
I’m currently having a mini-food moment, guys. Mini pancake stacks yesterday, cheesecake tartlets today…I could totally keep this going.
Also, I feel it’s only proper that we acknowledge Friday in the most appropriate of ways. Next week that way could be chocolate. The week after it could be tacos, but today = tartlets.
Just go with it, y’all. Mini food and anything that sounds as adorable as tartlets does can do NO wrong.
Also I should apologize in advance because you’re probably going to hear the word “tartlets” today waaay more times than you want to. I’m annoying like that and like to pick the cutesy/annoying-est words as my favs.
So we should probably start talking about these little guys.
We’ll start by heavily discussing the crust. Oh, the CRUST! Don’t even get me started on the crust for these, guys. You know coconut macaroons? I basically took the dough for those little bite-sized cookies and made ’em into the best tartlet crust in the world.
Seriously. No contest.
The filling is just your basic cheesecake filling, only minus the eggs since the filling doesn’t get baked. That’s why I LOVE these so much! No babysitting them while they bake and no waiting 5 million years for them to chill.
If blackberries aren’t your thing, you can totally use whatever kind of berries you want to garnish the cheesecake tops with. I chose blackberries for mine because my store has seriously the PRETTIEST ones right now. So big and juicy. ♥
And seriously, are these not PERFECT for spring? Mother’s Day. Memorial Day. Any ‘ol springtime gathering. Midnight snacks. Or all of the above, just take your pick.
The kiddos, whom I have affectionately nicknamed the Gluttonous Brood chowed down on these tartlets as if they hadn’t eaten in like 32 years or something. They performed an impressive disappearing act of the 1-dozen batch of tartlets in less than 24 hours.
Contrary to my words above, I wasn’t too impressed. Mostly because they pulled this chow-down while I was at school and therefore, I wasn’t in on it. ??
BUT. I actually made another batch yesterday while they were still sleeping and stashed them away in our fridge in the basement. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.
But it definitely won’t help them either. Te-hehehe. ??
Don’t think of me as weird or greedy, friends. You are going to be following my lead on this one. 😉
That’s just a fact.
Mini Macaroon Berry Cheesecake Tartlets
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and sugar on high speed until foamy and sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Fold in vanilla extract, salt, and shredded coconut until mixture is just moistened.
- Divide coconut mixture between prepared muffin tin. Using wet fingers, gently press coconut mixture into bottom and up the sides of muffin cups. Bake crusts at 325F 18-20 minutes or until a golden-brown. Cool completely in pan, then gently use a knife to loosen crusts and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, and sugar on high speed until completely smooth. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Divide filling between macaroon crusts and garnish with berries. Refrigerate cheesecakes until ready to serve. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
How cute are these?! I love ALL mini foods…they just seem to taste better! I love the macaroon crust and cheesecake filling. I think I would end up eating these all…just too hard to resist this fun treat!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Yuuum omg that crust!! I LOVE macaroons and adding a cheesecake filling and blackberries?! I’m swooning over here! I want to steal one or two of these off the screen 😉
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
These mini tarts are too adorable! The macaroon crust with cheesecake filling is calling my name.
Earlier this week I made this dessert for a large group of friends. They LOST THEIR MINDS over this dessert! I must’ve had at least 10 people beg me for this recipe. This recipe is incredibly easy and delicious. I’ve put it in my permanent “Favorite Recipes” binder.
Thank you Sarah! My friends actually think I’m a great cook thanks to you.
Oh my goodness, I’m SO happy to hear that, Susan! Thank you for letting me know! 🙂