Tender grilled salmon with a smoky rub on the outside is a match made in heaven for a sweet corn pico de gallo piled on top. — This easy 30-minute dinner packs in a HUGE kick of flavors you’ll love!
Here we go, y’all fish enthusiasts! Salmon the sequel is officially open for business.
So I totally wasn’t bluffing when I mentioned a few weeks ago that my former fish-hating self was a thing of the distant, distant past. I also might have promised you more fish recipes and daaaaaang, am I ever on top of things. 😚😚
Please observe exhibit A. —> The prettiest, summer-iest salmon your eyeballs have ever seen.
Speaking of summer…I really can’t even believe it’s June. Also, I’m in complete shock how fast the weather flipped it’s switch. Only a few weeks ago we were barely getting above 60, whereas nowadays and currently today? A muggy 85 with 100000% humidity.
I’m kinda scared for the rest of the summer, mostly because of the fact that we currently are AC-less. It might be a blessing that I’m currently working my summer job at the pool again, right? I might be forced to take up temporary residence there…
So let’s talk about my new fish LOVE. It obviously involves grilling because that’s all I know these days. It involves less than 30 minutes because, YO it’s 30-minute Thursday again today! It involves so many amazing flavors hanging out together, my brain is hurting just trying to comprehend them all.
Let me break it down nice and simple for you. —>
- You know the thing called blackened chicken? Turns out you can do the same thing to salmon in like a fraction of the time. I make my own blackened seasoning mix that’s smoky with just a hint of spicy, rub it all over my salmon, and then let the grill finish my business for me.
- But wait, there’s more!! It’s summer, so that means pico de gallo is a must. Nothin’ fancy here, guys—just a simple sweet corn pico with a little kick in the pants from jalapeno and lime juice.
Please note that literal mountains of pico de gallo piled atop the smoky grilled salmon is a must and I mean MUST, y’all.
We don’t skimp on the pico around here and we definitely make good use of my patent-pending spoons of shame to simplify the pico-binging business.
To be honest, I think your Thursday is all set. You are ready to ROLL!
I’m ready to dive into my screen. Shocker.
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 oz salmon fillets
- PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, thyme, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Rub all over salmon fillets. Grill salmon fillets on greased tin foil over medium-high heat, turning once until fish registers 145F, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all pico de gallo ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve pico de gallo over warm salmon. Enjoy!
Be sure and go visit all the other awesome bloggers involved in 30-Minute Thursday!!
Basil Pesto Pasta with Broccoli and Mushrooms from Pumpkin ‘n Spice
Crispy Salmon with Greek Orzo from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Avocado Toast with Spicy Marinated Chickpeas and Zucchini from Floating Kitchen
Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet from Kristine’s Kitchen
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad from Life Made Sweeter
Sweet Potato Noodles with Black Beans & Avocado Sauce from Sweet Peas & Saffron
Honey Pineapple Barbecue Chicken Sandwich from Flavor the Moments