Creamy, comforting fettuccine alfredo meets summer! These luscious noodles are piled high with bursting cherry tomatoes, charred corn, and plenty of fresh Parmesan cheese.
Summer feels are going DOWN today, y’all! I hope you brought your eat-all-the-summer-things mood with you today.
That’s just my current mood these days. We’re smack in the middle of THAT part of summer where literally everything is in season/overproduction mode and requires your immediate face-shoving attention.
So fettuccine alfredo loaded with all the summer things is a GO then, yes? So much yes.
Random sidenote: guess who’s birthday it is today? This little chica who I’m (almost always) proud to call my baby sister. She’s six today, guys. SIX!!
Let me tell you. Rachel has BIG plans for her day today. In fact she even gave me her exhaustive itinerary last night which begins with her morning swim lessons, then a trip to Java House for a smoothie for her and coffee for me. And apparently while we drink them we HAVE to watch Tasty Facebook videos. (her words)
Then back home to make her a chocolate-chocolate-CHOCOLATE cake with pink frosting. A trip to the pool while I stay home and make her birthday supper (really, her words!!) which I think she requested be these chicken nuggets, “green” pesto pasta, and salad.
After dinner she goes to T-ball practice and then it’s home to open presents. Blowing out her candles and eating way too much cake. And lastly a My Little Pony Netflix date.
I spoil that kid rotten, but I can’t help it. She’s the baby of the family and she clearly knows where she stands.
That ends the sidenote novel and now we dedicate the remainder of this post to talk about these carbs. ↑↑
Let’s talk alfredo. It’s fettuccine’s main squeeze and is clearly a must here. But then came bursting tomatoes. Because you know I’m obsessed.
Smoky charred corn made an appearance as well. Along with oodles of Parmesan because there’s no such thing as too much cheese.
And check this out. ALL of this summer perfection goes down in under 30 minutes. Thirty-Minute Thursday = woo-hoo!!
Twirl those noodles and swirl ’em good. This entire plate of summer carb-comfort perfectioooooon = your destiny.
And so many of these obviously. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ears sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions and 1/2 cup pasta cooking water reserved
- Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread in a sheet pan. Roast tomatoes at 400F 10-15 minutes until tomatoes are soft and bursting. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Brush corn with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill corn over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until slightly charred on the outside. Cut corn from cobs and set corn aside.
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter until just fragrant. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add chicken broth, whisking constantly until smooth. Whisk in cream and milk. Bring sauce to a low simmer, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan and nutmeg. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and stir in reserved 1/2 cup pasta water. Gently toss pasta until evenly coated. Stir in bursting tomatoes and sweet corn. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. Enjoy!
More 30-Minute Thursday NOMS from other bloggers!
Kale Pesto Zucchini Noodles and Salmon from Kristine’s Kitchen
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Salad from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Asian Sesame Steak Fajita Salad from Life Made Sweeter
Chinese Chicken Salad from My Kitchen Craze
Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Broccolini Veggie Dogs from Floating Kitchen
Honey Garlic Turkey Sloppy Joes from The Recipe Rebel
Mushroom Lentil Bruschetta Burger from Sweet Peas & Saffron