Classic no-bake rice krispie treats are kicked up in a healthy way using cashew butter and a silky chocolate coconut oil topping. Only SIX ingredients in these easy no-bake treats!
So I have our food schedule all planned out, y’all. Plans for Friday include…rice krispie treats by the truckload to celebrate the fact that weekending starts naoooooo.
There’s also a distinct possibility that I will be eating these rice krispie treats at every single meal for the entire duration of this weekend, guys.
Just try and stop me why dontcha. 😘
Putting the brakes on these treats for a quick moment while I lament the fact that August is slipping away waaaaaaaay too darn fast and what else? School for me for REAL starts in only less than 2 weeks. I know right??? Wasn’t it like just June yesterday?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally excited to get back in the school kitchen again and kick off another hopefully-just-as-awesome-as-the-previous-ones semester, but…well, summer. It’s obviously made me lazy and I don’t want it to leave me.
I mean, it’s gonna happen whether I like it or not but until then…rice krispie treats in every single corner of my life, please and thanks.
Okay, guys. Today’s treats are a spinoff of the same rice krispie treats my mom used to make us kids years and years ago. Only since I’m the rebel of the family I had to go and make a few MINOR changes to healthify and yummify things up a notch. Sorry, Mom!
Instead of the usual marshmallows or peanut butter found in rice krispie treats, today we’re using creamy cashew butter which is SUPER-high in protein and even higher on the nom meter. Also, it’s my favorite thing ever.
Along with the cashew butter all we’ve got is a little agave syrup, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and a big pile of rice krispies cereal. That’s seriously it for the first layer!!
The second layer is where things start getting real. Semisweet chocolate + a tiny bit of coconut oil make our thick layer of chocolate goodness that EVERY single rice krispie treat requires.
I mean, yeaaaaaaaah. —> —>
In your defense: You can say that you’re making these treats for the kids and don’t be mistaken, the kiddos are going to love these, but please be aware that you are probably going to love them even more.
You might possibly eat them all before the kids even notice them. Shhhhhhh…
I wouldn’t even blame you one bit. I probably did not do that exact thing yesterday. 😇😇
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat cashew butter and agave until smooth and creamy. Pour into a large bowl and stir in vanilla, salt, and rice krispies cereal. Press mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8x8 baking pan. Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Pour over rice krispy treats and gently spread to edges. Chill bars an additional 10 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Cut rice krispy treats into 9 bars and serve immediately or store in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Let’s all go live in summer dessert land forever. —>