Fill up the crockpot for your next football party with this kickin’ chipotle chicken chili! Everything gets dumped in the crockpot for easy prep and you won’t BELIEVE all the amazing cozy flavors packed inside.
So soup season may or may not be officially ON as of today and right this second, you guys.
And that may or may not be the most exciting announcement that I can muster up for a Thursday. Seriously, this week is craaaaaaaaawling and I’m just ready for my weekend already.
Also ready for. >>> multiple XXL bowlfuls of crockpot chipotle chicken chili.
You shouldn’t be surprised. It finally FINALLY feels like it’s fall around here, and that means soup is back in style.
So guys, I’m super-weird when it comes to things like soup. I’d like to be one of those people that can just eat soup in the summer like normal, but I just can’t. In my mind, soup is for cool fall days and for every freezing winter day and that’s it.
Weirdly enough, it’s the same deal with coffee which means that pretty much the moment we get a warm-ish day, I have to switch my hot latte over to an iced coffee.
Okay, so here’s the deal with this chicken chili, y’all. I tried to make the prep as easy on you as possible, so here’s how it goes down. —>
The chicken + onions, sweet peppers, and garlic get cooked right on the stove and this step is essential before you throw everything else in the crockpot. I’d like to say that this chili is just a dump-and-go kinda crockpot recipe, but it’s not.
I promise though, the chicken will take less than 10 minutes to cook right on the stove, and from there it really is just dump, dump, DUMP the rest of the chili ingredients in the crockpot and now you’re ready to go chill with your glass of wine and forget about dinner for a few hours.
…’Er, or do something productive like that.
A few hours later…cozy food just got freaking real. Our dinner goals just got freaking won.
The only thing that could possibly make this chili any better would be if you were to…uh, lose your mind and bake up a batch of these ridiculously-awesome cornbread muffins to go alongside them. Where there’s chili there’s gotta be cornbread, right?
Actually, just please make sure you absolutely do that. I pinky promise you will not regret that life decision.
You guys ready for a soup season like NO other? It all starts with this killer chili. >>> You know your job.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Stir in tomato paste and transfer mixture to a 3-qt crockpot. Add tomatoes, black beans, tomato sauce, chipotle, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste to crockpot and stir to combine.
- Cook chili on low heat 3-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in minced parsley. Enjoy!
In the mood for more chili? Try this one next time!!