Ricotta cheese makes this flavorful pesto penne skillet SO creamy and the addition of sweet peas and asparagus make it an entire spring-style vegetarian dinner-in-one!
The return of the spring skillets!! And yikes, it’s only been 3 days since our last one. We’re so on it, guys.
And I’m so about to jump right into the middle of all that gorgeous green, tbh.
Sidenote: It’s slightly ridiculous and definitely disturbing how much asparagus I’ve acquired in the past few weeks. And we’re barely even a week into spring. Please tell me you’re down for asparagus in like…every recipe?
We might as well go and throw ricotta pesto onto that wish list too. Because holy molyyyyyy…the creaminess.
I wouldn’t naysay spoons in the food processor. Because um…quality control? Yes.
You should probably save at least a liiiiiittle bit for coating every single little penne pasta though. Since carbs = the answer to anything and ‘errrthing.
Steps for this ALL-in-one vegetarian pesto penne skillet include…
- Pesto!! As described in great length a few paragraphs up.
- Steamed asparagus + sweet peas. Spring, guys. ♥
- Penne pasta. Everything gets thrown on the carbs, shaved Parmesan and parsley get generously sprinkled on top…and dinner goals have been met.
Skipping breakfast…lunch…and heading straight to dinner now, okay?
For the forseeable future, FYI. ♥
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 lb steamed asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Place ricotta cheese, basil, spinach, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through top and pulse pesto until smooth. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, toss penne with sweet peas, asparagus, and pesto until coated. Garnish top with parsley and shaved Parmesan and enjoy!