This easy one-pan chicken snap pea stir-fry skillet is packed with tons of pretty spring veggies and fresh ginger with a homemade Asian sauce makes it so flavorful!
The arrival of all the spring food starts….noooooow!
And oh man, I honestly thought this day would neeeeeeever come.
Wisconsin winters tend to always take away your sense of hope.
But now…we eat all the spring food. Nothing less than all of it.
And surprise, surprise, it’s all hanging out in a skillet…AGAIN! You know how things roll around here.
So basically guys, this chicken snap pea stir-fry you see today is this year’s take on a spring skillet.
I always somehow end up doing several every year this time of year soooooo…this is the glorious first of several.
And yes, those are sugar snap peas you see. THE BEST!
So my stir-fries always involve 3 steps. Seriously, 3 steps and then it’s chow time.
- Saute the veggies. Set ’em aside. Done
- Saute the chicken. Bam
- Make the sauce right in the pan with the chicken. Throw the veggies back in. The end.
Seriously EASY as heck dinner going down here today!
A gorgeous springtime chicken stir-fry if I ever saw one, guys.
Almost too pretty to eat but um….please don’t let that stop you. The veggies are perfectly tender and crisp. The chicken is SO juicy and tender. And the stir fry sauce just brings everything together.
Leftovers are BOMB if ya end up with them but I definitely wouldn’t count on that.
Need more spring dinner inspiration? Try these dinner winners out next!
Chicken Snap Pea Stir-Fry with Sweet Peppers + Ginger
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 large sweet pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high, saute snap peas, pepper, onion, garlic, and ginger in 1 tablespoon oil until veggies are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. in a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, water, and cornstarch. Reduce heat to medium and pour sauce mixture into chicken. Stir occasionally over medium heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add veggies back to skillet and season skillet with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with green onion and serve hot with rice. Enjoy!