Juicy strawberries, crumbly feta, and a tangy poppyseed dressing transform this spinach pasta salad into a vibrant, flavor-packed salad that’s perfect for a lighter dinner or a cookout side dish!
April means it’s pretty salad season!! Or if we’re being real, it just means the start of a loooong salad streak of mine that usually lasts through September around here. ?
Hellooooo, glorious bowls of goodness like this strawberry poppyseed spinach pasta salad. ?
Your season has officially arrived, please plan to stay awhile.
The weather has seriously been SO nice in Wisconsin the past week and as such, tastes and preferences of food are making the transition over to big, fresh, produce-loaded bowls like this one.
Like HARDCORE craving is more accurate. Currently needing this Thai noodle crunch salad and this chicken green goddess salad, in addition to another bowl of this spinach pasta salad with extra strawberries and extra extra feta please.
So many salads…..so much unprecedented time at home to make and eat them all. ?
In the spirit of making meals that don’t require a lot of ingredients and stuff you can easily find in grocery stores these days, this beautiful salad ticks all those boxes! Extra points for all the healthy green stuff.
Here’s how this spinach pasta salad goes down!
- Get your hands on some bowtie pasta, fresh strawberries, a big bag of fresh spinach, an orange or two, and enough feta to feed an army. Toss ‘er up in your sturdiest salad bowl and this is your salad base! You can store this in the fridge all day til dinnertime.
- Lemon poppyseed dressing mixes up in literally 2 minutes and this can also sit in the fridge for as long as you want!
Whenever you decide is salad time is the time toss your lovely dressing into the salad base. Toast up some almonds and throw ’em on top.
Maybe throw another handful of feta on top if you wanna live the good life?
And HOLY WHOA if this pretty salad isn’t freaking fantastic for how basic of ingredients it is. The juicy strawberries, sweet oranges, sour feta, and tangy poppyseed dressing highlight and complement each other’s flavors in ridiculously good ways.
Not to mention we’ve got a salad looker here that’s pretty food GOALS. We all need more pretty food in our life these days, FACTZ.
Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Pasta Salad
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 12 oz farfalle pasta, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stem remove and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into 1-in cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey, mustard, and poppyseeds. Gradually drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until dressing is thick and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing and toasted almonds until evenly coated. Enjoy!